DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Try www.karking.com if you still need one. It is a dismantling place and I *beleive* (read you need to contact them and ask) they sell cranks as is. The pricing is worse than ebay and looks like they only have cranks/bearings combos at the moment but hey isn't that what you asked for:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I called the local dealer and they wanted $850 for a new oem crank. I cant find anyone who has a good used one and all remans are a min of 10 under so I ordered an eagle forged crank and acl race bearings for $745. I know its a little much for how much power i plan on using, but now i can be confident that my bottom end is built solid.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The eclipse is starting to come back together just need to throw on the oil pan and drop in the motor, just one problem i lost the torque sheet that came with my eagle rods. Does anyone know the torque specs for the arp 2000 bolts? Im hopin to have it on the road by Sunday:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Congrats on getting your car back. And for the record, ACL race bearings can't be beat for the money in my opinion. I've ran them in 2 of my old honda motors and about 5 other blocks built for friends and never had a single problem with any of them.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
I come across complete 4g63 NT cars all day... They made significantly more NT's than turbos so in theory they should be much easier to find.

·
Registered
434 Posts
taylorb765 said:
I called the local dealer and they wanted $850 for a new oem crank. I cant find anyone who has a good used one and all remans are a min of 10 under so I ordered an eagle forged crank and acl race bearings for $745. I know its a little much for how much power i plan on using, but now i can be confident that my bottom end is built solid.
I can get the oem cranks out to you guys for $700 shipped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have ran a cut crank in my 6g72 and never had a problem. I talked to the guy at the machine shop and he said they are fine to run. I have 12k on my rebuild. It's cheap too. Only 97$ for a cut crank vs a lot.

I would recommend getting the plugs pulled ND cleaned on the crank. You want absolutely zero metal in their obviously.

Also flush you oil cooler with ac flush. I did that too and haven't found a specific of metal and it's been 12k

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

41 - 58 of 58 Posts