DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be making piping for side to side 24" FMIC setup, planning short routed.. but not too extreme, maybe like the AHP one, which goes under the air filter through the splash guard and then go up above the tranny

2.25" before IC, 2.5" after IC. I've got a TB flange and 1G BOV flange already. Just need to weld everything up.

I just want to know what bends to order from a place like RRE?

I don't mind ending up with a couple of extras.. I may screw up a couple of them too. Are U bends the most useful pieces to get because you can make all kinds of turns with them?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Hey man search for a thread involving me and the word "Griffin." You should be able to find it in there.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Here, I found it for you:

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showt...067&perpage=40&highlight=griffin&pagenumber=2

I also ended up using a 45 degree bend either in addition to what is listed in that thread, or in place of one of the 90 degree's (I'd have to go outside and look).

Are U bends the most useful pieces to get because you can make all kinds of turns with them?
If I remember correctly, I used two of the 90 degree bends (had to cut them some) to make a U-bend (to go from passenger side endtank towards turbo).

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I'm thinking some straights,

2 90s before IC

1 90 after IC
2 45s after IC
and then a U bend or two to make accurate turns like to make a new throttle body elbow?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Well, I guess it depends on the endtank set-up on your FMIC. I have the 20x10x2.75 Griffin from RRE, and the drivers side endtank directs a pipe along the top of the intercooler. So this is what I have:

- 2 90 degree bends from turbo to passenger side endtank.
- straight piping along the top of the intercooler
- 2 90's to direct the piping above the transmission/under the air intake pipe
- a 45 degree bend to get it towards the stock throttle body elbow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts