DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is currently the silver color you see in the pic, it was in a wreck and is getting a full repaint. Should I keep the silver or go with a Metallic Blue. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Keep it stock, or go for another blend of silver (Like you could go for an M3 silver or what have you.), unless you're repainting EVERYTHING (engine bay, under all the plastic/interior panels of the inside/under the fenders, etc etc)....

Though, I drive a red car, which makes it a PIA to paint it anything other than RED. I hate it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For all the work it would be to do a color change, it's safest to stay silver. My car used to be red, so when the seatbelt hits inside the door, it chips away to red and looks bad. It'll be cheaper just to stay silver.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea well the silver on it right now is not stock. It is the silver found on the 99 preludes with metallic flake in it. Insurance is paying for all the paint plus my dad is doing it cuz thats what he does for a living. I just dont know what would look more original cuz I've never seen another dsm with a silver like mine.

·
Registered
619 Posts
psycho17 said:
For all the work it would be to do a color change, it's safest to stay silver. My car used to be red, so when the seatbelt hits inside the door, it chips away to red and looks bad. It'll be cheaper just to stay silver.
You actually painted your car that horrendous green?

Sweet merciful CHRIST... Auuugh!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
im a blue fan. i say the blue color off of an mkiv would be KILLER. that color is real rare and i forget the actual name...its like artic blue or something corny. its almost like the color of the blue is300.

·
Registered
745 Posts
someone on here has a stunning 97-99 (or has those bumpers) blue eclipse.... every time i see the pic in his/her sig, i drool...

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,496 Posts
I would say a darker blue like the blue from a supra. I think blue is the best color for eclipses. I hate sky blue with a passion though. Just makesure it is somewhat dark.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Brian98GSX said:
Sorry here you go
that is a beautifulllll color. i love that color on preuludes and must say it looks really good on your car. stick to that color man.
anymore pics. other than that that gray ooking color on stock 2gs also looks really good.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea i got other pics of it from the summer, then I have pics of it right now while it tore apart after my accident. Let me know if you want to see anymore

·
Registered
882 Posts
dark blue seems to have been a big trend this summer; it looks good, but im pretty sick of it. Then again, the majority of DSMs are red or silver. Its your choice man, pick what you like.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea thats what people who want me to keep the silver say that everyone is painting them blue. I wanted to cuz it looks good and its my fav. color. Ths silver is nice also either way it will be custom.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Man i'm liking the new T Bird colors - the aquas - etc. Time to can the metallic looks & get back to the 50's when men were men.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts