DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, besides the engine, what are the differences. Would there be any reason to not choose a GVR4 for a extreme power platform over an eclipse gsx or awd tsi? From transmission to frame to suspension, what makes them different, besides the obvious bodylines. thanks for your input.

·
Registered
107 Posts
4-lug hubs, longer exhaust and drive shaft, all have eprom ecu's, different intercooler, 3-bolt rear is unique w/ the 4ws bullshit. Steering rack is different due to 4ws, as well as the radiator and water neck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically, if wanted, it could be just a good of high horsepower platform as the eclipse/talon? Or would any aspects of the car hinder the ability to raise the horespower levels to extreme levels?

thanks for the replies so far

·
Registered
430 Posts
well he said 3 bolt rear and those arent too tough, unless swappign in the 4 bolt is just as easy as on an eclipse?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 4WS isn't all it's cracked up to be. It only works above 30mph & only goes in the direction of the front wheels. It kinda makes the car feel like it's floating & is not confidence inspiring. The build quality of the GVR-4's is noticably better than DSM's. They were all built in Japan & I could be wrong, but I think they were essentially hand built like the Evo's. Otherwise power potential is about the same as any DSM...although it is heavier by about 200lbs or so (bigger overall car/chassis) so it's not gonna be quite as quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts