DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I am new to this forum but I own a 2g Turbo Eclipse..it has like 65,000 miles on it witha upgraded turbo(tdo5h)with the intake system and full exhaust system and all that stuff..I read about crank walking in the 7 bolts alot and it makes me think twice about my car.. So here are my questions what should i do with the motor performance wise.. Rebuild it from the bottom up.. or try to find a 1g...build that motor up and drop it in there... Is there any way to make my 2g block "bullet proof" or what... Please your input means alot to me Thank you for your time..

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would try and find a 1G 6bolt block..... but then again I'm a 1G guy, so I'm biased. :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Only about 1 in 10 actually get crankwalk, but this number does seem to be growing as the cars get older. I would find a 1G shortblock & head then get it all ready to be rebuilt = $1000, and then wait for something to happen. When it does just toss a set of pistons and rods in there and slap her in. No need to worry as long as your current 7-Bolt is doing ok. -Ian

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's far from a given that 7-bolts will crankwalk. However, I've heard it's a bad idea to open up and rebuild a 7-bolt, as it's easy to introduce crankwalk. There's a big thread by Widebody (in Advanced, I think) about the subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts