DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally have my stock cd changer working, kinda. well i found all the wires and hooked it up , and now it has power. but when i hit the cd button on the radio nothing happens and it says "E" on it. what's the problem?

·
Registered
612 Posts
It means a cd is jammed inside the changer. Take a ruler and shove it into the changer, there should be a release mechanism that will allow the magazine to pop out manually. Then turn on the changer without the magazine to "reset" it, and then put in the magazine.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
747 Posts
whiteGSX said:
It means a cd is jammed inside the changer. Take a ruler and shove it into the changer, there should be a release mechanism that will allow the magazine to pop out manually. Then turn on the changer without the magazine to "reset" it, and then put in the magazine.

hope this helps.
Yes, this is true. Not all, but most changers do have a manual release that is accessed that way. I use a metal back bracket, but a thin ruler will work fine. Insert it below the catridge, and in the middle. Carefully work the ruler in and out, and with a little luck; the cartidge will pop out.

If your changer is ejecting properly, make sure the cd's are not upside-down.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Does it say "E" on other sources, also ? Meaning, if you select FM radio, does the "E" go away, and the radio works as normal ?

Hopefully it's just "E" for Error in reading the changer, not something more serious with the headunit itself.

I've had something similar with a Pioneer setup, everything worked but the changer - turns out a disc was fed onto the spindle, but the arm couldn't bring it back onto the plastic platter ! Changers can be picky little varmints...

good luck.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it says "E" only on the cd changer mode. but radio doesn't work either but that's a short in the antenna. i don't think a cd is jammed in their, it just won't play any cd. you know it checks all the slots when you put in the magazine, mine does that too. just thought that might help someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts