DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wide Open Throttle - when the car's gas pedal is "floored."

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Honorary Moderator
653 Posts
In other words, how most of us drive at all times...

------------------
John Lewis

1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

·
Registered
102 Posts
80%+ throttle is consiered WOT

------------------
Carmen P.
1991 Eclipse GSX

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Wide Open Throttle - when the car's gas pedal is "floored."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, you hope you are at WOT when your car's gas pedal is floored :) Sometimes you could be at less than WOT when you are floored, due to mis-adjustment. Its something that everyone should check from time to time.

------------------

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Hay Carmetn - your post wasn't there when I started posting :) Where did you get that 80% figure? I think WOT is WOT... meaning 100% open. You can't be a little pregnant... you are either at WOT or you're not :)

------------------

·
Registered
83 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deacon:
80%+ throttle is consiered WOT
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pass whatever your smoking over hear would ya? :D The pedal to the medal is the only way you're at WOT.

·
Registered
102 Posts
true... mechanically speaking. I, on the other hand, was thinking on more of a "I'm a stupid idiot" level. Therefor 80% is considered WOT. As far as the ECU is concerned.

------------------
Carmen P.
1991 Eclipse GSX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts