DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 95 Talon with 6 speaker cd stereo system (non-infinity). I put a Kenwood Z919 head unit in, and kenwood excelon 6.5's in the doors and 6x9's in the rear. What size speakers are those in the dash? Can anyone recommend some speakers that actually fit there? It looks too small for even 3.5", but a tweeter would look ridiculous there. Help..?

------------------
Shawn B.
95 Talon TSi AWD

·
Registered
308 Posts
I believe they are 3T's, a special fit size, check Crutchfield, I believe they sell them, I'll find an old Crutchfield and get back to you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can put a tweeter under the stock grille. My brother did this in his Sebring which has the same dash layout. The grille pops off and you can then remove the speaker from the top. The new tweeter (1") was then mounted using a piece of bracket used for supporting radios. The grille then snaps back into place.

------------------
Chris Holmes
'91 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/5051
Turbo + Intercooler = The Replacement For Displacement

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
They are size 3T. I seen them in Crutchfield. You can't buy good ones, and they sound like crap. You are better off stickin to factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts