DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my car, and I love it to death.. I bought a Joe P MBC and an Autotech gauge, I just need to get a pod for it and I'll install those things.

In the next month or two I plan on doing the following..

3" Exhaust turbo back with no cat
K&N Filter and other air mods such as the MAF mods
Most of the other free mods
I plan on having the boost at 15psi.. seems reasonable for me, think I should go any higher/lower on the stock fuel system?

Supra Intercooler? I dunno if this will actually help at all but I can get one very cheap from a junkyard here if I want to, called up today.

If I do do these things, what (roughly) type of gains should I expect? Also, is there a general formula or a rule of thumb for psi increase in relation to HP on these cars?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
just a word of advice, people really like to flame noobies for questions like this (no offense, just a fair warning):D

don't know about your gains but when turning up the boost on a stock turbo with a stock fuel system, try the fuel pump rewire at www.vfaq.com, it will help keep up with boost. i'm trying it myself this weekend, so goodluck and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well It's the best way to learn..... I know Im a newbie.. that's why I ask questions.. if anybody has a problem with that then they can cram it with walnuts :cool:

·
Registered
264 Posts
TalonVin said:

3" Exhaust turbo back with no cat
Stick with a 2.5" exhaust unless you plan to get a Big turbo later on. You wont be needing that on the stock 14b

stay with 15psi on stock injectors and fuel pump. DO the rewire for the fuel pump. without the supra smic i would guess that you would be at around 230-240 give or take

www.vfaq.com is your friend
use it and be nice to it for it will treat you well!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wish someone had told me this when I first started with my car...

Do a hard core tune up before slapping parts on.Then worry about performance gains.

·
Registered
72 Posts
TalonVin said:
Well It's the best way to learn..... I know Im a newbie.. that's why I ask questions..
like I said, Just a warning from a fellow noobie:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts