DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a while ago about how when my car got over about 9 PSI it would loose power and studder. Since then I've checked over everything that was suggested and much more. I had a fuel system cleaning done, took out and checked the fuel pump, and had the ECU code read by the dealer. So I dont think its fuel system related.
When it looses power over 9 PSI my A/F gauge shows the engine running rich. So I think its somehow related to the turbo. I've checked and replaced the BOV, checked the wastegate, all hoses and connections, and the boost selinoid. What else could be preventing the engine from getting the amount of air it needs? Would the engine running too rich cause it too loose power and studder? Thanks
Luke

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the exact same problem except mine started to finally give out codes(took it awhile though) from the o2 sensor.. will let you know monday if that fixes it.(thats when my new o2 sensor arrives)

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Did you replace plugs and wires?

------------------
Rocky Mountain Talon - modified
Live, Learn, Love and Bleed DSM...

My DSM

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van:
Did you replace plugs and wires?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, I did and now it works fine. Rite when it started not working right I took out the plugs and checked them and looked at the wires for any signs of age or problems and they looked good so I put the plugs back in and the factory wires back on. It didnt change any thing. So yesterday I bought NAPAs cheapest wires just to try, and it did it. My car ran perfect after 3 weeks of not being able to figure out whats wrong with my car. Made me feel kinda dumb, but I'm just glad its working agin. I have a set of Magnacores on the way. Thanks for all the help, I should have done like you guys said from the begining. REPLACED the wires, not just checked them. Thanks
Luke

·
Registered
424 Posts
ha ha luke had the same prob here too.... it was the plugs.... im goin with the ngk BPR7es's now.... i also cut my gap... drop me an email about Rock Falls this saturday.... if u wanted to catch a ride down to LaX i got 2 friends from mankato coming down... let me know

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm.... I will deffinetly have to think it over. I'm starting my new job right now, but I'm not sure if I will have to work Sat or not. I would like to run my car one more time this year, and I know another guy here who would like to run his 200SX. But we have to get his new head on. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
424 Posts
when u go to nopi ?

·
Registered
778 Posts
23 months- a record for oldest revived thread?

And btw, you may want to reconsider on the 7's based on your mod list. I have more success with 6's than 7's.

·
Registered
424 Posts
joereitman said:
23 months- a record for oldest revived thread?

And btw, you may want to reconsider on the 7's based on your mod list. I have more success with 6's than 7's.

LOL i didnt even look at the year just searched for him and found it..... lol geez.... the reason i chose the 7s is because i have been running the 6s and upped the boost to 17 psi and went to close the gap on the plugs only to find them fouled white.... it was also misfiring and after switchin it was fine.... besides i will be putting on a bigger turbo soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts