DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between 9005 and 9006 bulbs? Is one better than the other? Is one a higher wattage? Is one a high beam and one a low beam? What is the best bulbs to put in these dual projector headlights ? Thanks wattages 9005/6 etc

·
Registered
587 Posts
9006 are low beam bulbs, and 9005 are high beam bulbs - don't use modified 9005 bulbs in your low beam sockets unless you're an ignorant [email protected]*k who likes to cause accidents, despite what other people tell you.

-Craig

·
Registered
348 Posts
lithium said:
9006 are low beam bulbs, and 9005 are high beam bulbs - don't use modified 9005 bulbs in your low beam sockets unless you're an ignorant [email protected]*k who likes to cause accidents, despite what other people tell you.

Hooey. Correctly aimed, the difference is slight from the driver's seat, and unnoticeable to oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the Xenon bulbs, but I go through them like no tomorrow. Every 3-4 months I have to replace them. The low beam bulbs (9006) have the tips dipped such that light can't go directly out of the headlight, it must be reflected out of the headlight assembly, the 9005 don't have that.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,849 Posts
One of the local shops here had some xenon low beams for my 2g. I'm really not a big fan of modding my lighting system, but after seeing it in a 2g I was very impreased. The light is very white and much brighter then my stock ones, and much whiter then my higher watt halogen. They're not bluish at all. My friend drove my car behind me and it didn't glare or blind me at all. They actually caused a lot less glare then the halogen's did. I was amazed as to how well it worked out. I don't remember the brand but I can look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts