DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

What kind of boost controller do you have?

• Hallman MBC

Votes: 253 16.0%
  • Joe P. MBC

Votes: 198 12.5%
  • Busta-boost MBC

Votes: 12 0.8%
  • Dejon Tools MBC

Votes: 48 3.0%
  • Extreme MBC

Votes: 90 5.7%
  • Turbo XS MBC

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • `Home Depot` MBC

Votes: 184 11.6%
  • Poor Man`s Profec

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Apexi AVC-R, AVC-D

Votes: 82 5.2%
  • Blitz Single, Dual

Votes: 36 2.3%
  • Greddy Profec A, B

Votes: 176 11.1%
  • Hahn Multi Stage

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • HKS EVC IV, EZ

Votes: 54 3.4%
  • AEM EMS

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • None :(

Votes: 259 16.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
The AEM EMS can be used as a boost controller with the addition of a boost solenoid. It has all the functions of the AVCR. That will replace my XBC.

Ken Young

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
i have a custom one built by a friend of mine at a tuning shop., but i c;icked poor man's profec on accident :(

·
Registered
334 Posts
I run the Blitz single says it is only good till 15 psi but I have it set at 19 so that it willl bleed down a couple of psi. I am still tring to blow that damn t2 small so the fiancee will let me upgrade. I have a to4 but it is way to big for now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yep im trying to blow mine too... heheh but mines already got wheel play so its not too longer... btw the joep holds strong~!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have the old style apexi avc-r. This thing kicks ass for the price. Bought it from my freind off of his 3000gt vr4 for $50. Has two different settings (currently at 14psi and 17psi), digtial display, 1/4 din, reads injector duty, and boost (mm/Hg for vacuum and barr for boost). I uses fuzzy logic just like the new "fancy" avc-r and even uses the same boost control seleniod. The only difference that I can see from the new avc-r is it doesnt have a lcd screen and doesnt monitor as many parameters... In short this thing kicks ass. Does anyone else have one or am I the only one?

·
Registered
19 Posts
dont have a boost controller! :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd just bought an Apexi AVC-R, but to be honest, I went for the looks rather than preformance(WRONG!!!). Plus, I already installed a S-AFC, and since both look the same, I think it's going to look stupid. I haven't received it yet; hopefully it's worth the money.

·
Registered
418 Posts
is anyone else extremely suprised by the amount of people with no boost controller, i just assumed it was something you get when you get a dsm. like within the first month........just like a k&n, i actually bought my k&n 3 days before i bought my first dsm. haha

-dave

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
you've got a point there, the only thing i could see making it look like that would be non-dsm members who might not even be turbo'ed and of course all of our nt brethren out there voting.

·
Honorary Moderator
1,361 Posts
ouSeven said:
is anyone else extremely suprised by the amount of people with no boost controller, i just assumed it was something you get when you get a dsm. like within the first month........just like a k&n, i actually bought my k&n 3 days before i bought my first dsm. haha

-dave
There are those of us who have no turbo and don't need a boost controller

1 - 20 of 146 Posts