DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting an intake for my GST soon. Just wondering who has what, Ive heard Injen makes the best but its pretty expensive for the whole kit.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i have the injen intake pipe with the k&n fipk. fitment is tight...check out www.dejontool.com for intake pipes. and yes, the injen kit is pretty expensive if bought brand new.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ingen intake

I also have the Ingen intake. Its a nice piece and a great first mod. You'll be shocked. More responsive, more power at high rpms, and the sound is crazy.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have an Injen, I love it. Great power and sound. There really isn't that many choises for intakes on turbo eclipses. Mosty just Injen or Dejon, maybe a few others. A lot of people just get a filter replacement, but I love the looks and sound of the hard pipe.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I have the $30 dejon tools intake pipe with an arospeed intake filter. It makes a difference, and not a dent in my wallet. Oh yea, the sound.. ;) :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
There is a lot of intake systems for the turbo cars but few intake pipes. The best bet for a pipe would be Dejon no doubt they are the cheapest and he can make them with all sorts of options. As far as intake systems you can start with the K&N and then more expensive ones like the HKS, Blitz, Apexi and such. I read an articel where all of the major intakes were tested on another turbo car and they all perform about the same its just as matter of taste and teh size of your wallet.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Your intake makes noises!?! Whats it sound like? I guess I haven't heard a hard pipe intake yet.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Do any of you still have the box for your cone K&N. If you do could you tell me the "model number" When I went to the store the computer brought up the little square one that matches the stock air filter. The guy there didnt know which to get.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have the Injen and it's awesome. Definitely get it. But your first mod should be the BOV otherwise you won't notice any performance improvements at all. Trust me. Don't learn the hard way. Get a BOV before anything else!

·
Registered
564 Posts
igs said:
Don't learn the hard way. Get a BOV before anything else!
boost gauge first

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
talon167 said:
Thanks guys. Do any of you still have the box for your cone K&N. If you do could you tell me the "model number" When I went to the store the computer brought up the little square one that matches the stock air filter. The guy there didnt know which to get.
You are thinking of the k&n fipk, many vrndors sell them for around $100. It comes with an adaptor.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GSXtsy said:

Yep, just like that! Only I got mine from from www.ptuning.com for 180 shipped, on sale. I think they are like 210 shipped right now. Check them out, great service and I couldn't find them any cheaper, at the time(about a year ago)!
Well, if its as good as everyone says it is, its probabky worth it in the long run. Is it easy to install by yourself? Thanks

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yep thats the one, you'll probably want the one WITH the BOV fitting. Venting the BOV to the atmosphere generally is not a good idea. Yeah, install was pretty easy. Came with pretty good derections......should take about 20-30 min. if you take your time and do it right.

·
Registered
906 Posts
<----very happy with my Dejon

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So what is the difference between the Injen and the Dejon? The Dejon costs about $80 cheaper, thats why I ask.
This is the one I was looking at. Is it the same one you have ChicagoGSX?

·
Registered
564 Posts
talon167 said:
So what is the difference between the Injen and the Dejon? The Dejon costs about $80 cheaper, thats why I ask.
This is the one I was looking at. Is it the same one you have ChicagoGSX?

the name

1 - 20 of 45 Posts