DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't really planning on getting one, but I was just wondering if anyone has a p-chip for their 1.8? If so, what kind is it, what did it cost, where'd u get it from, and the most important thing...Did it help with anything at all?! Just wondering, if anyone has any ideas about any, lemme know.:dunno:

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
The thing is that NO ONE makes a chip upgrade for the 1.8 cars.:(
Also keep in mind that the 1G NT ECU's (2.0 and 1.8) don't come with an EPROM, so no chip upgrade can be swapped in. Anyone who says something different is just plain lying...

·
Registered
612 Posts
good point Blackboost.. I wasn't anaylizing it that deep. Does a S-Afc count as a "chip upgrade" tho? I know this sounds stupid but The Venom "performance" module is considered a sort of chip upgrade right? All the venom performance module does (or tries to do) is piggy-back the MAFS/MAPsensor input and modify its input at the ECU.. so doesnt the S-AFC do the just about same thing (with added perks)? Not that it helps out a whole lot on non-modded or lightly modded N/T engines just something that crossed my mind....

-Aaron

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
CleanGS97...

You got it there. The S-AFC doesn't count as a chip upgrade.;)

As for the Venom Performance Module...
I believe there are some threads on the Parts Talk or Parts Review Forums that talk about it. If I am not mistaken the Venom Module isn't as great as it seems to be...:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts