DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd go with an ACT 2600 clutch first and foremost, and then an FMIC. Also, I'd get that Big 16G ported before it goes in. Next, a computer to tune with - preferrably a PMS ($$$), or if not a S-AFC. Then a TMO stage III ECU. You'll probably want to get an EGT gauge somewhere along the way, too.

Just my pennies :D

------------------
-------------
1993 Forest Talon AWD - modified

·
Registered
200 Posts
Current mods on my car are upper i/c with 1st gen BOV, Free mods, air filter, MBC, boost and air/fuel guages, 2.5 dp, no cat, 3in ATR exhaust, front strut bar, coming within the next week are big 16g with Walbro fuel pump and in another month maybe intercooler. Other than this i have no other mods no porting no clutch etc. only what i have listed. What should i consider getting next. My car also has 50000 miles on it and it is also a fwd. Any advise will be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
a 20g..just kidding :D get the fmic and the clutch, then i recommend getting some big slicks. a ported head will definitly help you out but it cost so damn much. maybe a 75-100 shot of nitrous.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
769 Posts
I would definitely recommend u get a clutch!! If u want to get slicks for strip racing you can. I wouldn't recommend goin with nitrous though. That's a good way to blow you're engine and waste all that wonderful work u already put in there. It's ur choice though.

------------------
'92 Eclipse GS 2.0L NT

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
(Note, based on your milage, I'm assuming you have a 2G. If not, place a TMO datalogger after the AFC and a Stage 3 ECU mod after the injectors.)

Going to an ACT 2600 is a waste of cash on a FWD. 2100 is more than adequate, even CFDF ball bearing clutches @ 1900+ lbs-force is more than adequate.

Suggested mods in order of necessity:

S-AFC, larger injectors 550s or 720s (choice depends on streetability requirements), aftermarket fuel pressure reg and gauge, cams, larger turbo (T3/T4, 20G, or Frank series), aluminum flywheel, flywheel housing girdle and roll cage.

[This message has been edited by dsm4eva (edited September 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
With a FWD you should start spending money on suspension. You have a hard time hooking up with a stock turbo with mods done. I'd get poly bushings and motor mounts..That should help wheel hop....Then slicks if you're trying to run a good number...
Ryan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh no, no nitrous dude!, if you do it right you won't need it or wan't it, I say, and only an opinion, nitrous is only for those who fear the true performers that don't need it, where it be on the track or on the street, Just my opinion though. Oh yeah, get the cluch!!!!!!!

------------------
Randy on the spot
99 GS-T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts