DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to talk to the principal regarding me going on independent study (homeschool)...yet I'm not sure exactly what to say to the guy. And I'm not really wanting to answer all the questions with "Uhhhh..." lol.

What should I say if he asks like "why do you think you should go on independent?" or something similar? I dont think the real reasons will cut it (dont wanna wake up at 7, dont wanna take bus home as a junior, etc). Please help me out...my "meeting" is at 9am tommorrow...thx

Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tell him something about not wanting to be negatively influenced or pressured not to do work by people at school?

Maybe say you think that it will help you be more prepared for the future, like having to study by yourself when you go to college etc...???

·
Registered
357 Posts
hm
in my opinion i wouldnt want to be homeschooled.. no friends.
but im thinking that its your choice (with parental consent) that you can be homeschooled, you just have to justify that you are totally sure that you want to do that, but if you want to BS about it. say that you work independently much better than with a group. also that working with your mother/father, they would have more time and understanding to explain and teach you stuff better with more time on hands, rather than a teacher with a room full of kids, not really focusing on you. and if you want to lie, you have to go on the road alot, and stuff like that and you dont want to miss school so much that you would have to be held back. he cant really say anything to THAT reason, but that's more of the last call type deal.
i personally would rather go to school, you get to see friends and your more in an educational environment.

i hope you understood that. i sorta bunch everything up without really putting it all organized togethers. later dude,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ryan86 said:
I have to talk to the principal regarding me going on independent study (homeschool)...yet I'm not sure exactly what to say to the guy. And I'm not really wanting to answer all the questions with "Uhhhh..." lol.

What should I say if he asks like "why do you think you should go on independent?" or something similar? I dont think the real reasons will cut it (dont wanna wake up at 7, dont wanna take bus home as a junior, etc). Please help me out...my "meeting" is at 9am tommorrow...thx

Ryan

trust me independent study not worth it,you will lose friends plus high school memories. I did it for acouple of months, not worth it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
just cut a lot of classes like i did... go into the guidence department and sign in on the sign in sheet if they have one... but dont sign out... when your teacher asks where you were say "the guidence dept, you can check the sign in sheet if you want" that one worked really well for me... another thing i did alot was leave school early... pretend to be sick... pretend to talk to my mom on the phone from the nurses office and then go home early... in my school if you were there for 4 periods it counted as a whole day of attendence... then theres always scheduling lunch and gym as your last 2 classes of the day... thats a sure fire way to leave at least 2 classes early on the days that you stay in school for a long time... lol... i miss jerking stupid highschool teachers and principals around... i got away with so much shit in highschool... one time i knocked this kid out and i didnt even get suspended or anything... because i pushed him in the janitors closet and hit him and no one saw it... ahh memories

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol...I already had attenance contract in almost every class...peer pressure gets me. My grades dropped so much since I got to HS...not b/c I'm dumb, but 'cause I dont go and dont do homework.

"Boringness" wont really be a problem...I know about 5-7 ppl that are homeschool/dropout/graduated that live close to me. :) I plan goin back my sr. year neways.

On a funny note...a girl-friends bf showed up in his 89 Camaro today...an automatic complete with a bigass light up tach and dvd player :rolleyes: Only good thing I spotted in it was a 10sac next to the shifter. :p

Ryan

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was homeschooled for the last 3 months of my junior year (last year), it was cool at first, not having to wake up so early, but you start to miss school. Messin around all day, talkin to all your friends, getting into trouble, hittin on all the girls. I cant wait for school to start this year!! If you get homeschooled, just do it for a month or something, after that, its dumb!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ryan86 said:
lol...I already had attenance contract in almost every class...peer pressure gets me. My grades dropped so much since I got to HS...not b/c I'm dumb, but 'cause I dont go and dont do homework.

and you think indepent study going to be easier? face it,if you cant do your work at school, theres no way in hell your going to make it.

"Boringness" wont really be a problem...I know about 5-7 ppl that are homeschool/dropout/graduated that live close to me. :) I plan goin back my sr. year neways.

5-7 thats not alot of people,your better off staying in high school.
Its like this the more you stay away from HS,the more difficult it is to go back.

On a funny note...a girl-friends bf showed up in his 89 Camaro today...an automatic complete with a bigass light up tach and dvd player :rolleyes: Only good thing I spotted in it was a 10sac next to the shifter. :p

Ryan

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,495 Posts
I would simply tell him that it is a proven fact that public schools are heavily influenced by politics and are more concerned about the making of the dollar than they are about the quality of education......And the sad part of that is, that it is the 100% truth.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I signed up for it today...very nice principal. I hafta take some computer and math college classes at the same time b/c they dont offer the level I need. Oh well.

Also, I'm gettin a car so I can drive there. Sadly, its not a DSM...I realized my dream of gettin a 2g AWD is a lil unreal. My friend is gonna sell me her 83 Mustang GT 5.0 :) Maybe I'll get a DSM as a 2nd car someday...hopefully.

Ryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts