DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question. Going to be running a big t28 but oil cooled only. What do you guys use to plug water passages? Obviously a bolt but anyone have actual sizes?

Thanks,

T

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im not sure about the thread size....but I will say that if there is anyway you can keep it water cooled...PLEASE DO! It will help keep the turbo running ALOT cooler....it would be very nice to have a stand alone cooling system, but its the pump that would cost the bucks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
gpopshop.com
They can rebuild old t25s into big t28s. Every thing on the outside is untouched = stock lines, appearance, hoses and all. Keep stock oil and coolant lines.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
04gtstang said:
Im not sure about the thread size....but I will say that if there is anyway you can keep it water cooled...PLEASE DO! It will help keep the turbo running ALOT cooler....it would be very nice to have a stand alone cooling system, but its the pump that would cost the bucks.
My car is setup for oil cooling only and i want to keep it that way...much simpler...the turbo timer will help with the cooling.

snb357 said:
gpopshop.com
They can rebuild old t25s into big t28s. Every thing on the outside is untouched = stock lines, appearance, hoses and all. Keep stock oil and coolant lines.

Ill look at their site...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Just recirculate the lines. You'll probably want to use a slightly longer rubber hose. The coolant return is 6 inches long. You need it to be about 7 inches long. Take the line from the freed and loop it to the return. Don't waste the time or gas trying to find the bolt in the hardware store. You wont find it. It's a huge pain. Just take a piece of rubber hose and loop the line. If it's not long enough (it probably won't be) you can go to Autozone and buy it by the foot.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have any of the water related bolts or lines...good idea tho, i'll figure something out.

Thanks

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
IT's a straight fitting from what I recall, I don't believe it's BPT.

I used to get mine from SBR back in the day but if it's a 6bolt it's easier and cheaper to source an NT water pipe. 90 for external cooled, 91 for internal cooled.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
I thought he needed to plug the water pipe.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys, i need to plug the turbo ONLY.

I have had a water pipe setup for oil cooling only on my car for the past 3 years. And yes it's a 6 bolt...7 bolts scare me lol.

Thanks for the replies!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not trying to thread jack but, where would be a good place to source the threaded sleeve for the water line on a T-25 where the water line connects into the block for the 7 bolt? The line connects to a threaded sleeve right below the freeze plug on the passenger side front of the motor. I have the 4g64 block and the threaded sleeve for the 2.0 is not large enough for the hole in the block.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
95MITSECLIPSE said:
Not trying to thread jack but, where would be a good place to source the threaded sleeve for the water line on a T-25 where the water line connects into the block for the 7 bolt? The line connects to a threaded sleeve right below the freeze plug on the passenger side front of the motor. I have the 4g64 block and the threaded sleeve for the 2.0 is not large enough for the hole in the block.
This is very rude and plan dumb to do in someone else's thread...

To the original poster just leave them open, there is no need to block the water ports on the turbo. Also to the other poeple posting useless crap you don't have to water cool mits. turbo's. You just need to allow them a cool down time after the car is driven.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
95mitseclipse, i don't mind at all.

Thanks guys, i will leave it open for the time being.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Burnett03 said:
This is very rude and plain dumb to do in someone else's thread...
I am sorry. i just figured it would be a good idea to have another question that concerns water lines in the same thread instead of starting another thread about basically the same thing. The only difference is, it is the water line that connects to the block from the turbo instead of the other way around.

0lmytsi; Thank you for not getting mad and letting me get this answered(hopefully).

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
97spyda said:
I used the plug i took out of the oil filter housing when i upgraded my turbo oil supply line!:cool:

Water lines on a Mitsu turbo are straight cut metric threads, the plug in the oil housing is a tapered BPT...Those are not interchangeable without damaging threads on one or the other.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What is the purpose of plugging the coolant passage?

If you bypassed the turbo it makes no sense to have to plug the holes.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I think the thought behind this is to keep anything from getting inside the coolant passage. It may seem a bit much, but this is just being cautious. If you run your car without an upper timing cover, something may end up getting inside there and caught up. The same thought is behind plugging the hole, is my guess......
And he's talking about plugging the holes on the turbo, not the motor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts