DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... Hope I don't get any flames for this.. Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you 2G guys / gals have any idead what I would have a chance at running in the 1/4 with my mods. They are: Procarparts.com filter with MAS adapter, (The older one with the aluminum adapter..) MBC set @ 16PSI, dump tube cut flush with the intake hose, U-Make it UIP, Front motor mount insert, (STILL haven't done the back one, it's a pain to get to!!) 1G BOV, 2.5" Test pipe, Progress Springs. Of course I have a boost gauge and all that but that's not important for speed. Any ideas what I COULD run in the 1/4 if I had a perfect launch and perfect shifting? Thanks a bunch, this board is awesome! I hopefully will be contructing a new intake tube soon, and possibly getting some new IC pipes.

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
14's? i dunno ull have to run and tell us what u run with a timeslip posted, then people can tell u why u ran what if it seems a lil slow :D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.. I will do that some day in the future. I want to get some AGXs before I do that though, my wheelhop right now is too bad.. I don't want to break my transmission. Any more ideas??

·
Registered
747 Posts
FWD is a real pain in the ass to deal with, especially at the track without slicks. Spin, spin, spin. Right front wheel only with lowered tire pressures.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you drive well, I'd bet 14.2-14.9 (I know thats a big spread, but FWD's are a bitch to launch good).

I had everything you mention, a MKIV SMIC and full 3" turbo back exh. and only ran [email protected] as a best. that was with a 2.1 60'. It was also with an automatic tranny, so that slows it down a bit.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I ran a [email protected] in my AWD but again thast awd. and i did get a bad launch of a 2.0 60' I have basicly the same mods as you do but you have the test pipe. So i would say right around the same but with higher traps.

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
i guess technically with free mods u can hit low 14's high 13's driven correctly in AWD, with a FWD with what u have done, im guessing... 14.6or so =) (do i get a cookie if im right?)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, there will be cookies for all! :) I guess I just need to hit the track one of these days and see for sure. I need to go in this nice cool weather, it makes a big difference in the power.

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
cold days = no traction hehe. ur tires arent gonna be able to heat up enough to grab ull spin all day =) well that depends on what u mean by cold, its 30 out here and snowing lol ny sux =\

·
Registered
417 Posts
its too hard to say what youll run,could be a 14.1 could be a 15.5,there are too many dependants,weather,driving,traction,engine condition
i did 14.3 with basicly exhaust and filter and fuel pump,but awd...only way to find out is to hit the track

1 - 10 of 10 Posts