DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this forum...and am also basically new to the DSM scene. I just got my 98 GS-T about 2 months ago. Since then I've added quite a few aftermarket parts to it, and intend on continuing on the quest for DSM Nirvana!
So far I have added quite a few go fast and look good parts. We'll start with the performance parts. Hahn Racecraft Super 16G, Starion FMIC with 2.5 inch custom piping, Greddy UIC with Turbo XS Type H BOV, HKS Mega Flow Intake, Buschur Racing down and midpipes with a Greddy EVO aftercat exhaust, OBX short throw shifter, ACT 2100lb. Clutch, Pilot front and rear(upper and lower) strut bars, Apexi AVC-R and have ordered some pulleys and 550cc RC injectors.
As far as appearance mods I've added a set of chrome 18" Akuza Sublimes, lowered the car 1 3/4 inches, painted the center piece on the tailights to match the color of the car and added altezza sides, clear front bumper marker lights, tinted windows, carbon fiber dash trim, reverse indiglo gauges w/matching hvac controls, carbon fiber sfift handle, specially made shift and ebrake boot covers and a pillar mounted boost gauge!
Ok now here's the deal, the car feels fast and I've handed a few stangs in my area their rears but I want faster, staying within a budget of course! Where do I go from here....it seems that I have exhausted my options as far as budget performance parts go for these cars! If anyone's got any ideas please let me know! Also I was going to take my car to Import Wars on 10/12/02 but it got rained out and the track is closed for the winter any idea what my car is capable of in the 1/4? Thanks for any help you guys can provide!:dunno: :dunno:

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,617 Posts
I hope you forgot to mention a fuel pump, along with a boost and egt gauge.

You should look at a phantom grip or different differential (quaife's are the best, and it looks like you can afford one). I've found the best prices for those off of groupbuycenter.com but RRE can sell them, and I think TRE may have a few in stock, even though they don't advertise them.

Rims tires, shocks, springs, suspension bushings, motor mounts, shifter kit, all those will help you, bg tranny fluid is another great one.

1g intake manifold, or even better an aftermarket one. 1g throttle body.

Those will all help you out with performance, there is plenty more, but this should keep you busy for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have a Walbro 255 and an Apexi Avc-r boost controller...forgot to post those...thanks any help I get is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Get an EGT gauge, and if you havent done so already, you could port your exhaust manifold and O2 sensor housing. You'll want an apex'i S-AFC to control your injectors when you get em, as the AVC-R only controls boost IIRC.

If your downpipe is 2.5" you could upgrade to 3"
Otherwise, yeah a phantom grip is a cheaper alternative to a quaife LSD, motor mounts and suspension bushings will help with launches. After that, aside from a turbo upgrade again, you could go as mentioned above, 1G throttle body &/or intake manifold, and eventually, a 1G/ported head although it's not really necessary until you're running a 20G or larger

put your stockers on for the track, tires are really important on FWDs. Get some drag radials or something of the sort. I've been getting good traction with my falken azenis sports 205/55-16

1 - 4 of 4 Posts