DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not trying to start a fight with a moderator by any means, but it seams like you could have taken the time to reply with input, or even an "I'm not sure" instead of just moving the post and saying nothing. :(

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Yes that is a T3-style inlet flange. A lot of turbo MFG's use the T3-style "euro" flange. It is definitely not a Garett turbo though... Damn thing says Made In Japan on it. Garrett is a division of AlliedSignal.. an American company. Garrett T3 and T4 families do not have an ID tag like that... for the most part ID tags are a Euro/Asian thing. Holsets, KKKs, and larger IHIs will have ID tags like that. I have never seen a Garrett with an ID tag except some Ballistic stuff (the ones that HKS re-tags).

Anyway, you need to get a closeup of the ID plate on the compressor housing first. I don't even know what company made that thing because I can't read it in the pic.

If you can find out the company info, you may be able to get info about different wheel sizes and housing sizes.

That thing is definitely not a Garrett though. Best bet for more info is to get in touch with the MFG and give them the info from the ID tag so they can help you out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm probably not going to buy the turbo since I'm not sure what it is, but the tag says "Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. Japan"

from thew size of the oil lines it looks like a freakin tractor turbo or something. Oh well....

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
huntermac said:
I'm not trying to start a fight with a moderator by any means, but it seams like you could have taken the time to reply with input, or even an "I'm not sure" instead of just moving the post and saying nothing. :(
I didn't knew which turbo it was, so I moved it to the Parts Talk Forum so that you might have a better chance of getting an answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts