DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a purely hypothetical question, but lets keep it realistic. No 911 GT2's/Enzo's/Skyline R34's

What do you think your next car purchase will be?
I just recently acquired my car so I won't be shopping anytime soon, but what about you guys?
I just want to see what everyone is interested in.
Many are saying for 4 cyl. cars, the next big thing with be the mazda speed protege.

Possibly RX-8?
Mazda 6 if you're looking for a sedan?
'03 SVT cobra?
WRX?
STI?
EVO?

If I had to chose, I'd go with either a BMW M3, or audi RS6 Sedan. mmmm
The RS6 sedan might be a bit unrealistic since they are figuring it will sticker around 80K, but if not that then I'd def. consider the '03 cobra.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another DSM baby!

·
Honorary Moderator
2,889 Posts
EVO for sure if it ever comes to the states. If not then either a FWD 1g DSM or a 91-93 Nissan SE-R. Always loved those years in the SE-R.

·
Registered
45 Posts
RX-7 TII, if i can't get that then 1st gen RX-7, if in can't get that then 1g AWD DSM, if i cant get that then 2nd gen RX-7 N/A, if i can't get that I'll keep my 1.8 Talon till i find what I want.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm probably all set for the next 3 years or so. Then I'll have to see what's out there.

If nothing changed, I'd probably see what the new Mustangs would look like in 2005. Of course, there is always the hope that there will be a new turbo/AWD sport coupe out there with the looks to match the performance.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
well if i get rid of my 2g i will probably get a lancer or a wrx probably a wrx simply because i wont be able to afford a lancer when they get here...........but i know for sure this winter i will be picking up another car so i will either roll with one of the three choices

1g white awd
vr4 galant preferable green or black
92 240sx chances are i will either get the galant or the 1g cause i dont have the money right now to swap a sr20det into it!

but i would love to own a black wrx on volks, and be able to run 12's daily driver even in winter! p.s. NO VOLKS IN WINTER THOUGH! LMAO!

·
Registered
495 Posts
in all honesty, more than likely some form of performance sedan. i'm getting older and a small 2 door sports coupe is becoming less practical. i'm thinking something along the lines of a s4, m3 or 5,
gs430, g35, etc. i really like the lt1 impala ss but they're getting
dated. by the time i'm ready the get rid of my dsm, there probably
aren't going to be too many low mileage impalas.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm thinking of going on the waiting list for a Nissan 350 Z,

Some other cars I have been thinking about lately are

Z06
Bmw M3
3000GT VR4 (98/99)

Not really interested in any trucks / suvs .

·
Registered
14 Posts
like antonio
I'd want a 3000 gt VR-4 , the year well, Im not too picky on it,a 97-98 tsi awd
a wrx
camaro ss
firebird
dodge dakota sport r/t

·
Registered
319 Posts
91 TSi or RS-T

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
sr20det 240 or possibly an RB powered 240

basically something to drift in. so id lean more towards the sr for weight distribution and cost factors.

if that dodge razor comes out and doesnt look as gay i might check that out. 250 bhp for around 15K looks damn promising

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm getting pretty tired of fixing all the damn problems that keep cropping up with used cars so my next car will definitely be a new one. I'm gonna have to agree with some of the other guys, and go with an M3 and if I ever have enough money, the M5.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I might try and go the Honda/Acura ways after High School. Like a 1990 Integra with ITR engine and all mods. Also 95+ 240sx--->Silvia conversions with SR20DET's are very tempting too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
there are alot of things i would like to do but havent got the money for. ext cab GMC Sonoma 99 model, with a SS camaro drivetrain. LS1, 6speed, Rearend. then there is always the 92 model camaro with the Z06 Drivetrain. a 93 cobra with a 351 windsor, tremec 6speed, 3.73's. the 240SX with the SR20DET always sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think I could ever go back to a 2 door sports coupe.
I'm definetally going to go the route of a sports sedan (with exception to an M3 since they still have some decent room)

I just found out that RS6 Sedan's won't be coming with a 6-speed option so scratch that and replace it with an M5.
:)
I definetally wouldn't mind a newer 911 Turbo.
too bad I wouldn't be able to afford a GT2.

·
Registered
69 Posts
IM leaning towards a newer 2g GSX w/ all the options, or a 90+ 300zx TT or something of that nature...im not sure yet

1 - 20 of 49 Posts