DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a choice between these three things, they are all in about the same price range:

NX Wet 50 Shot Nitrous Kit, with bottle heater and purge kit
or
HKS 264/272 Combo Camshafts
or
Greddy Small FMIC

What would you get....the mods I have on my car that are relevant are:

1996 Eagle Talon FWD

FP Big28
Greddy UICP
Greddy BOV
K&N Air Filter
6-bolt block
6-bolt Head
1G intake
1G TB
Quaife LSD
Walbro Fuel Pump
550cc Ball/Disc Injectors
ACT 2100lb Clutch
Apex'i AFC
2.5" Downpipe
2.5" Test Pipe
3" Catback Piping

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have the 96 Smiley front bumper and I would like to keep my foglights.....But if there that bad...then I wont get it.
Thanks for the input...

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you are set on those 3 items, definitely go for the intercooler. However, allow me to shoot some other ideas to you. You can find an smic from a supra and it makes a great upgrade for that turbo setup. That will leave you some extra cash for the cams. I say stay away from the bottle. Also, check out the possibility of an o2 housing that flow more, maybe an o2 dump.

I also just noticed you don't have any datalogging, is that true? :eeek:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would get the cams or the FMIC.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, nope......i got dsmlink :D forgot to add it on the list. When it comes to remembering things that are on my car, I usually forget something.
Question:
Why is the supra side mount a better intercooler besides the fact it would handle more pressure...wouldnt it get the same cooling as the stock....??

·
Registered
273 Posts
It would get the same cooling as stock, but its larger capacity and better designed. You also don't have to worry about chopping up your bumper and losing some of that comfort zone. You hit something at a semi-decent speed and your intercooler will bend and bad things will happen. Fender mount you have a better chance of it surviving. Plus, it looks stock (unless you own a dsm or supra) and is easy to fool people. You have pretty stock looking car, stock turbo, etc .. sleepers are fun :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts