DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you should do a full tune up and T belt

The T belt in it self it a whole differnt post. Let me just say a DSM vendor should do it. Have the Auto tenshioner replaced along with all the pullies new T belt and B belt.

Plugs, wires, Fuel filter, V cover gasket if needed.... PCV, clean or replace the air filter and if you have a crank breather this is the time to clean it.

Washing the I/C is a good idea also. Remove it and wash out the inside with gas to remove oil build up.

I don't use Red line for the DSM tranys I use BG. get it form Conicelli mitsu in PA ( 610-272-8504 you need 3 bottles to do the trany and T case. 2.4 in the trany and .5 in the T case, or just about that much. )

Joe P is close to you ( well not that close. MiddleTown NY, Orange County ) He can be trusted to do it right and the only person I would trust to work on any of my customers cars

Bill Marino
Hole Shot Performance

[This message has been edited by Rdy2race (edited October 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
36 Posts
How much will it cost me? How bout just the timing belt? The car has 65K, so I'd like to get this done asap. Also, anyone know a good place to buy Redline fluids online?? What kind and how much fluid do I need for the manual tranny(MTL or MT-90?) and the rear differential? TIA.
Newbie 95 TSI AWD

[This message has been edited by Baron (edited October 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Baron (edited October 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
350 Posts
JOe rebuilt a tranny In my car, that I bought from him and it came out very very good. Definitly knows his stuff.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How do I get in touch with Mr. P? It's definitely worth it for me to drive the extra miles to get it done right. How much is just the T-belt change? I can handle most of the other stuff. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts