DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of people here mentioned that the Buschur 20G was _the_ 20G turbo to get. What's so special about it? Does anyone know the size of the compressor/turbine wheels and how much air it flows? It seems like it's a lot more expensive than most of the 20G's on the market. Texas Rebuild sells theirs for $700 for instance.

Thanks,
Marlin Liew
97 GSX "Phacade"

·
Registered
871 Posts
definitly nothing special about it over any other 20g. buschur gets thier stuff right from texas rebuild. if you notice the guys that were talking it up are from ohio and probably visit dave's shop frequently(nothing wrong with that...dave is a very knolegeable guy :D) i'd say get the cheapest(from a reputable shop ofcourse) 20g you can find.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
83 Posts
YEA YEA I'm from ohio and do visit his shop quite frequently. But BR's 20g has been tried and proven time and time again and has turned better numbers than any other 20g out there. That turbo is capable of making these cars run mid 10's and still be streetable.

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ForceFED:
YEA YEA I'm from ohio and do visit his shop quite frequently. But BR's 20g has been tried and proven time and time again and has turned better numbers than any other 20g out there. That turbo is capable of making these cars run mid 10's and still be streetable.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. so what's so different about it then?? i'll tell you......nothing!! a 20g is a 20g no matter who sells it. now unless buschur modifies it somehow(which your gonna tell us he does right?) it is just your basic 20g, the same that eveybody else sells. now maybe that one car that went 10's had a buschur 20g so yes i agree it is a proven 10sec 20g, but other then that......am i wrong??

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wot:
is there a web site or phone i can reach texas rebuilds at? thx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
www.turbochargers.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll tell you one thing about the 20g. Its a good turbo but I'm sick off hearing people say its a 10 sec turbo! My good look at the Fastest list there's only like 15 10sec DSM on the list..... I'd say its safe to say very and I mean very few people are running 10s with a 20g! It always makes me laugh to see BR 20g advertised to be the only true 20g to run 10s! On maybe 5 cars total!And one more thing I'd bet the couple 20g cars running 10s are striped.
Ryan

·
Registered
152 Posts
Look over on the speed extremities site. one of their members (todd Hayashi) switched over to a BR20g and explained the differences with his 20g and the others. He switched to the BR from a big ass BB garret. He also said the power was as good if not better and that the spool up and low end was better. Some of the differences was the clip, and something about the thrust shaft (I think it was beefed up or something). GBR76- most of the cars are not stripped. Tym's car isn't stipped, Al's isn't, Dejan's isn't, in fact he runs a full stereo system, Jeff's old car wasn't stripped either. I think the only car that is truly stripped is Dan Buschur's orange car.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i think we need some flow numbers here. i think we've established the fact that he puts a real big clip on the turbine wheel, ok that will give the turbo a little more top end flow, but nothing crazy as far as hp. one thing that i did dig up is that possibly buschur uses a "true" 20g. meaning that it has a tdo6 center section just like my hrc s-20g. most(err just about all) 20g's on the market use a tdo5 center section which is basically a 16g with a tdo6 compressor housing mated to the tdo5 center section. a "true" 20g uses a tdo6 center section with a tdo6 compressor housing. the only people that i know of that sells thier turbo's like this is hrc with the super turbo's....and possibly buschur. now i couldn't see this center section deal being a great increase in hp neither, just would make the turbo last alot longer and be smoother. this is why these "godzilla" turbo's aren't lasting for **** cause the big 20g wheel and comp. housing puts alot of stress on the little tdo5 shaft and center section causing premature wear on the bearings.
the only way i can think of that buschur can get alot more flow out of a 20g is to replace the 20g wheel with something larger or better like a garrett wheel(there is a 25g wheel also). but then it wouldn't be a 20g no more.....he could call it a 20g but it's not.
maybe someone that knows his email address could forward this page to him and he could shed some light on this matter as i'm dying to know myself. he does frequent the digest sometimes.

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Buschur isn't gonna tell you anything. He wants to keep his changes secret, so that you have to buy it from him, instead of ordering on from Texas Turbochargers with his specs for $100 less or whatever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts