DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone im new to this forum and have a few questions about these turbo's i have a built motor eagle/JE combo going in a 1g FWD stock turbo manifold, intake manifold, front mount intercooler, and 3"downpipe and am going to have dsm link. My goal is about 400whp on 93pump gas and am trying to find a great street turbo but want one with a little bit more potential then a 50trim. I want it to bolt up to the stock manifold. If someone could tell me what the RPM difference in spool would be that would be great. Thank you very much.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17765&cat=882&page=1

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17764&cat=882&page=1

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=21093&cat=882&page=1

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Wheel size, spool time and hp rating are the differences in those turbo's. Wasn't that obvious by reading the descriptions?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The 3076R is the best. Thats the difference. :p WHat are you looking for in the car?

I would go with the 3076R and a .63 A/R exhaust housing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well yes the description is there but i wanted to hear from people that may have used these turbos...is the gt3076r a better spooling and street turbo then the scm6031r although it is a dual BB.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
From what i have read recently, the 30r's are probably the best street turbo for good compromise between power and spool. It's the equivalent of the fp3052...

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Hands down a 30r is going to make you real happy if your intentions are street. Spoolup is insanely fast and the power output is excellent. If you do get it, get it with a .63 A/R hotside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your responses there are so many to choose from and im trying to figure out the best one. Tarantula do you mean the GT3076r or the gt3071r. Because of my FWD im trying to get a little more top end and power then the 50trim without sacrificing to much spool up.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
edward777 said:
Thanks for all your responses there are so many to choose from and im trying to figure out the best one. Tarantula do you mean the GT3076r or the gt3071r. Because of my FWD im trying to get a little more top end and power then the 50trim without sacrificing to much spool up.
I have the 3076r (FP3052) The difference is the exhaust housing. Thats the only difference between my 3076 and the one you posted. Since you are FWD, you shhould get something thaty spools a bit slower to gradually bring the power rather than hit hard because you will lose traction. I'm already loosing traction with my turbo at 24psi and I'm AWD.
If you want top end, than do not get the .48 a/r. The .63 is the right balance of fast spoolup with topend. The larger the number for the hotside, the slower it will spoolup but yield you more topend flow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your patience...i know its hard to keep seeing post like this and responding. Im starting to think i should just skip the fp3052 and get the FP3065 since im going to be running BC's 272/272 so i can get good fuel economy and have massive top end power. I want to make about 400whp on pump gas and 20-22psi and be in a good efficiency range for the fp3065. I then can also get SMIM and other stuff eventually to help with better spool up. One more question this will be on a 1g w/ a 2g manifold with a tial 38mm wastegate on it...is there anything else i need like FP o2 housing or can this turbo bolt right up and run a 3" downpipe. Again sorry for the ? im just trying to get this right. Also brake boost FTW if needed.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
edward777 said:
Thank you all for your patience...i know its hard to keep seeing post like this and responding. Im starting to think i should just skip the fp3052 and get the FP3065 since im going to be running BC's 272/272 so i can get good fuel economy and have massive top end power. I want to make about 400whp on pump gas and 20-22psi and be in a good efficiency range for the fp3065. I then can also get SMIM and other stuff eventually to help with better spool up. One more question this will be on a 1g w/ a 2g manifold with a tial 38mm wastegate on it...is there anything else i need like FP o2 housing or can this turbo bolt right up and run a 3" downpipe. Again sorry for the ? im just trying to get this right. Also brake boost FTW if needed.
You now need to search. The FP3052/65 has been discussed millions of times. Research for what you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
k guys i think i have decided not to go with the FP series just because your forced to buy a new manifold, o2 housing and a lot more. For some reason i am set on a ball-bearing and my goal is a 400whp streetable turbo with 50trim like spool and great top-end power since i will be running BC 272's....it looks like the gt3076r w a .63A/r is going to be my best bet since it bolts up to the 2g manifold and stock o2 housing and other options are wanted.

·
Registered
123 Posts
edward777 said:
k guys i think i have decided not to go with the FP series just because your forced to buy a new manifold, o2 housing and a lot more. For some reason i am set on a ball-bearing and my goal is a 400whp streetable turbo with 50trim like spool and great top-end power since i will be running BC 272's....it looks like the gt3076r w a .63A/r is going to be my best bet since it bolts up to the 2g manifold and stock o2 housing and other options are wanted.
I think that you get mixed up here:

FP30 series are BOLT-ON turbos , the GT3076R with .48, .63 and .82 AR's are T3 and will NOT BOLT-ON to the stock manifold.

And with the FP30 series turbos you dont need to weld a flange for the WG since they have the flange for a 44mm Tial on the same turbine housing, you just need to buy or fab the O2 housing and WG dump tube.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I would go with the 3076r with Precision bolt on housing. Uses stock exhaust manifold, o2 housing, and will easily support the 400 whp on 93 oct. Plus their is plenty of "growing into" room with that turbo. Definitely go with .63 A/R on the hotside. The FP series turbos are a little pricey for me personally, but they do seem to work well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
can someone confirm to me if the gt3076r is total compatible with the oem manifold or needs external wastegate?, thanks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
GT3076r: you will need a T3 flanged manifold. Yes, you will also need an external WG..off the mani or o2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts