DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between a 91 awd turbo talon and a 92 awd turbo talon b/c i looked up specs and the 92 has 5 more hp so can some one tell me the difference

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Magic :rudolph: :rudolph:

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
The only differance is that the auto came with the 13G turbo and the 5spd came with the 14b turbo. The specs you seen are prolly the differance between the FWD and AWD.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Ford used to say to expect their engines to make the rated horsepower coming from the factory plus or minus 20%. But a turbo car with a knock sensor is a whole different animal. It is so sensitive to the gasoline you use, ambient conditions, and the actual boost pressure and temperature. This is a wild guess but you might make 200 hp at the wheels on a cool, damp morning and half that late in the afternoon on a different tank of gas. The reason we all like to fool with these cars is because of the big changes in power that can be had with small changes to the intake and exhaust.

They used to rate the Laser has having less power than the Talon. Why? It was because they wanted to sell the more expensive Talon. The Laser had less options and was lighter, they had the same engine so the Laser should have been faster.

In conclusion, I'd suggest wondering about a 5 hp difference between years is pointless. It probably came from the Marketing Department.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts