DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since installing an ACT 2600 I've had excessive shifter play. I really just noticed it today, I have about 1.5" side to side play in all gears, except 5th is much less. When in gear like in 1st or 2nd it looks like its in 3rd or 4th and I can move it side to side a lot.
I took the center console off to look at the shifter cables and everything looks normal except when I move the shifter side to side in gear the select cable moves in and out.

So whats wrong with this? It shifts fine and goes into gear but this can't be normal.
When the tranny was off the only thing I touched was the shift levers on the tranny and the shifter in the car, could I have messed something?

...I did a search and someone mentioned having the same problem and having to replace the bearings in the tranny...I hope not, other searched turned up nothing.

HELP!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, found the problem, one of the guys at TRE help me over the phone, just some square nylon bushing in the shift cable area on the tranny, it was broke so I made a new one, works like a charm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts