DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for some info on wheel spacers. I have searched and it seems like most people say 10mm is the largest to go on stock wheels studs. But I have also read that 10mm can lead to premature wheel bearing failure, but anything under that will be fine. Anyone experience it personally? What do you guys run personally?

I am running stock GST wheels with 205/55/r16 tires on my 95 AWD. They sit extremely far in the fender well and I was hoping to just push them a little closer to sitting flush with the fender. What size spacers would I need to get the wheels flush with the fenders? (Not worrying about the wheel studs) And, what is the largest that you have gone/would go on stock wheel studs?\

Here is a picture so you can see how far in the wheels sit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ran wheel spacers on several of my cars for years with no ill effects. I even have them on a chevy full size van that I tow with! You may need to get longer wheel studs. The general rule of thumb is to get 5 complete turns on your lugs.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I run 1/2" in the back of the Galant. I use an aftermarket lug nut with a longer shank. I get 7 full turns. No ill effects thus far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for some info on wheel spacers. I have searched and it seems like most people say 10mm is the largest to go on stock wheels studs. But I have also read that 10mm can lead to premature wheel bearing failure, but anything under that will be fine. Anyone experience it personally? What do you guys run personally?

I am running stock GST wheels with 205/55/r16 tires on my 95 AWD. They sit extremely far in the fender well and I was hoping to just push them a little closer to sitting flush with the fender. What size spacers would I need to get the wheels flush with the fenders? (Not worrying about the wheel studs) And, what is the largest that you have gone/would go on stock wheel studs?\

Here is a picture so you can see how far in the wheels sit.
I just recently bought BONOSS wheel spacers ,and I feels great and I highly recommend it.www.bonoss.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts