DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some basic intake and exhuast mods, and am trying to plan my next few upgrade steps. I have a Walbro 190, and I plan to install that next with the rewired power.
Other then possibly a 2g ported ex. manifold, would my next step be a laptop/DSMlink combo? This way I could control and tune all the future air/fuel changes?
I really dont want to put on new mods that are going to lean or rich out my car, unless i can accomodate.
Is this the smart way of doing things? The laptop is needed for school so its kinda in the budget anyway. By the way, I may need an upgraded ECU if I get the DSMlink. I also want to stay stock MAS for now.

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
Basic intake and exhaust mods are fine but once you need to upgrade injectors you need to have something to tune and monitor them with. DSMLink IMO should come after you have the basic dp, exhaust, intake, intercooler pipe upgrades taken care of. It gives you freedom and flexibility to tune with every mod after that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
thats what i plan to do with my car :). i just got an evoIII im gonna drop in sometime this week with a 190 pump and only run around 12 lbs with the evoVIII front mount i have. and when im ready to drop in the 650s i also have is when i plan to get dsmlink and hopefully run around around 18-19 lbs on pump gas tuned. then maybe a set of hks cams and water injection after that. you guys think 18-19 lbs will be safe on 90 octane? cause thats all we have here in new mex.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts