DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am about to buy an Eagle Talon TSI 2.0L AWD Turbo and I was wondering, would a stock fuel pump cause any problems if the guy has a few upgrades to add quite a bit of power because I want to know if i should buy a Walbro immediately. I dont want any fuel cut problems or anything like that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you upgrade your injectors bigger than 550 and in some cases 550 will need a fuel pump upgrade. Depends a lot on how much you are boosting with what kind of turbo. If you get fuel cut before 4700 rpm you probably do need some fuel upgrades.

·
Registered
37 Posts
im actually running stock boost but i have upgraded the injectors and fuel pump as well. i think its a good route to go because your dont want fuel cut. but to each his own :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ugh....lets think before we post guys.
If you upgrade your injectors bigger than 550 and in some cases 550 will need a fuel pump upgrade.
Whether or not you need a fuel pump is not dependant on the size of your injectors. If you have maxxed out a set of 550s you have probably exceeded the flow limit of the stock pump by a margin.

If you get fuel cut before 4700 rpm you probably do need some fuel upgrades.
Fuel cut has nothing to do with your fuel pump. It is based on an airflow level.

i am at 17psi and i just got a fuel pump, i was always told you dont want to go over 12psi with a stock fuel pump
It is pretty tough to outflow a stock pump, especially rewired, with a t25. 16psi is at the efficiency limit of the turbo and your fuel pump will still be keeping up at that level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts