DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for websites that sell the Hallman or Joe P. MBC all i found was www.machv.com can you guys just give me some quick websites to where i can find this certain item? sorry for the annoying thread but i couldnt find anything else.......thanx

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,617 Posts
If you look at the forum header, you will see boostcontroller.com listed. I think they might have one or two available.;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx foudn it at boostcontroller.com. I was stuck between the Hallman and Joe P MBC, and still am after seeing both of them. Now i need help from you experienced guys. Ok the Joe P. has a newer model the Joe P. MBC XZ Needs no tools, has a knob for adjustment, no more allen wrench, pre installed hose, and 4 cable ties. And the Hallman Es kit has a knob for adjustment, has overboost protection in case of adjustment screw loss, comes with hose and 4 cable ties. They are both the same price $45. Ive heard good things about both of them, but i dont know which one to get for a 92 eclipse. Which one would you guys reccommend me to buy?.....thanx

·
Registered
273 Posts
personally I'd recommend a trip to your local hardware store, make one for less than 1/4 the cost of buying either of those... :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How accurate and safe is the one from the hardware store? and what would i need from the hardware store to make my own MBC?.....thanx

·
Registered
116 Posts
DSMPower said:
How accurate and safe is the one from the hardware store? and what would i need from the hardware store to make my own MBC?.....thanx
http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/mbc.html

I made one just for kix and it works fine and is very safe. I still use the JoeP though...I paid $45 for it, I might as well use it :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
it's just as safe as any other... although I would suggest using brass and stainless steel materials to ward off corrosion.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Save yourself the time and hassle... $45 is nothing for a good MBC... I've said it before and I'll say it again... I've owned all kinds of boost controllers, manuals and electrics... the best controller I have ever used was the JoeP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts