DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to rebuild my motor, and i figures while its out, why not replace the tranny, so im looking for a 5 speed awd tranny for a 91 tsi....problem is, no such cars at junkyard, and i dont trust any websites....any suggestions? where can i go for a jdm motor that it trust worthy??HELP

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I recomend Shep racing as well, that is where my tranny is going in a couple of months =) GO SHEP!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
i'm still debating about who to give my money to for a tranny too. but as far as jdm engines go, dont. there are entirely too many in the u.s. but if you insist on jdm, www.jhotimports.com. my roommie works there and they are extremely reputable.

·
Registered
409 Posts
im very intrested in this dogbox tranny. how dose it stack up to shep or tre thats 1000bucks more?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have heard good things about the dogbox trans in NJ! no first hand experience though! I have a shep trans in my GSX now and have a tre trans that I am going to put in next weekend :) the shep trans is AWSOME! When I had the 2.0 revving to 8750 never missed shift! now I have a 2.3 and won't rev that high! I got a great deal on a tre trans with a quaife and tons of other upgrades from my buddy who wrecked his car :( so I figure drop it in and see how the vr4 1st and higher fifth is :D I am a firm believer in you usually get what you pay for!

·
Registered
62 Posts

I'd recommend Shepherd's tranny. I have one in my car. I have my redline set to 8500 RPM and the trans shifts easily at the high RPM's. Shifting is better than anything the stocker could equal. I've launched it at the track about 50 times or so coming out at 6500 RPM with 12 lbs of boost (gotta love the ALS on DSMLink). The AWD spins the tires all the way through 1st and partially in 2nd. The trans has never given me any indications of failure. And the nice thing is with all the abuse the thing still shifts great.

Highly recommend!

MattO

·
Registered
267 Posts
Its funny, I never heard anyone bitch about shep's tranny. You'd think that at least 1 of his rebuilt tranny would f#uck up on something. He must be doing something right!!! REALLY RIGHT!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts