DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know where a good/cheap place to get my 1G big commecting rods mated to my 95+ pistons? I've tried and I've tried, I just can't seem to get those things to mate. Maybe it's the breeder.

Seriously though, please let me know. Thanks.

------------------
Craig H
92 Laser AWD

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yes you must machine the rods to make them fit. I know Buschur also does it, but they probably wont be the best deal you can find. But they do have a reputation that is hard to top.

·
Registered
921 Posts
if you do it do it once and right. Expect to pay $50 Per Rod ($200) You have to take out about .040 out of the rod so it SHOULDN'T be done by hand. notice I didn't say it can't . the problem is that with removing that much you have to be sure that your on center and the rod has to be on center. But I have seen it done but taking the risk that it is not on center and no good will come of that. bent rods. wiped out rings, walls and all that fun stuff!

------------------
Bill Marino
NYC DSM
[email protected]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess that I should have asked where you guys had it done and how much it cost. I would have them done in my town but when I took the rods and pistons to the (so-called) best machine shop here in town, the looked at me with a puzzled look on their face. That told me all I wanted to know. Yet they say they build V8 race engines, go figure.

There is another place, Bramer Machine, that does good work on rebuilding heads but yet to ask if they could do the job. I wanted to see the prices from people that do this almost everyday.

So, please let me know where and how much. Thanks.

------------------
Craig H
92 Laser AWD

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
There are some very good machine houses here in the Detroit area. That is a long haul from where you are unfortunately. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts