DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch is starting to slip.. its real easy to push in so im PRAYING that it just needs to be bled, so, where do you bleed it from? where is the little bolt/nob/fitting whatever you take off before you pump it to get the air out?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also.. if indeed i do need a new clutch.. how hard is it to install and whats a good one to get? I dont plane on going super heavy on mods and my car is FWD.. so I dont need anything TOO extreme

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
u bleed the clutch under the car 'fun to get at' if u crawl right under, semi in middle, more towards passanger side ur gonna see the bleeder valve, look for about 2mins and ull find it, easy to find, kinda a bitch to get at crawlin under such a low car=p

what clutch u get depends on what u want ur car to do, what u plan on doin.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well lets see, ive got a full 3" exhaust now, and im buying a T-28 from AGP around X-mas.. and thats about it.. ill go to the track every now and then but by no means is this a race car..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i dont even have the BEGINNINGS of an idea of what im looking for.. what does the bleeder look like? I cant believe there is nothing on VFAQ about this or some pics SOMEHERE.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
more towards passanger side ur gonna see the bleeder valve
It is more towards the drivers side from the frame rail on a 2g.

I can't imagine how bleeding the clutch would help it grap better, its probably going bad.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i give up, the clutch must just be flat out bad.. I guess ill have to buy a new one:mad:

There are lots of them on e-bay, i just want an OEM one I guess.. thats probably all ill ever need.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I just ordered an exedy clutch, cost $160 shipped 2nd day air.. from what ive read they are pretty good clutches, about 20-30% stronger than stock and last pretty good.. hope the install isnt a total bitch and a half

·
Registered
60 Posts
you're going to try to isntall a clutch yourself when u didnt even know how to bleed it. not trying to be rude or anything...it just might take you a while. good luck

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Let us know how the clutch works, I may be gettting one of those soon.. they are priced nicely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts