DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need em tonight for an install tomorrow morning. If there's anywhere in LA or Orange County where I can buy em from a store, that would be great. Otherwise I'll probably be stuck buying some Autozone or Pep Boys pads. Anybody ever had luck with any of those? That would definitely be more convenient if they work OK for street use. No track use planned for this car.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention they're my last resort since they're kinda out of the way for me. I'm driving to Orange County tonight so I can install the pads there in the morning with my brother. So I'd prefer not to go east, then to OC, but if I have to I will of course.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Done any research on that? Get porterfields and bitch slap the ho that gets his panties tied in a snit bc they dust us the blinkity blings a lot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, researched the board here a bit. metal masters are fine for me, all i do is commute with this car.
Well I ended up going to RRE for the pads. Got my ass lost on the way back too! Damn 5/605 interchange can lick my balls.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I say go for pep boys pads, whatever they sell decent, like raybestos or some stuff.

I had proterfields once, good lord, they sucked cold. I do the same driving as you, street commuter. Not having good cold stopping power is down right dangerous.

I have PBR metal master "cold" stoppers right now because they came with my big brake upgrade kit, and they SUCK cold as well. I had to emergency stop for the first time the other day, I had the pedal to the floor and the tires never came close to locking and stopping power sucked. This is with SS brake lines too!! I actually thought I must have air in the lines. So I tested them after that stop and they were fine, once they were heated up of course :realmad: My stopping disatnce was definetly increased because they just weren't made to function well cold, they need to be hot. Even these PBR metal master "cold" stoppers.

IMHO, I think these pads are dangerous for street driving.

I've had raybestos pep boy specials on in between these pads, and they bit really well cold, and with my style of driving, I never once gassed 'em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts