DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a "high output" ignition coil. I thought I heard there was one for the 1G 1.8L's at summitracing, but I looked and couldn't find it. Does anybody know what part # to look for or anything? I'm thinking that with an adjustable cam gear, I'll need a better ignition system, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't know what you expect to get from a new coil? Normaly one would upgrade there ignition system to accomodate megga high boost or high compression situations. Or maybe to gain control of multiple spark output, or the ability to adjust advance and retard, or in some cases rev limits and what not. I just think that there would be smarter $$ spent on an N/T vehicle.:) Unless you are looking for one of the benefits that I have stated for some reason?

·
Registered
605 Posts
We don't have coil-packs. The 1.8L's use a distributor for the ignition.

I have the new MSD catalog and it doesn't have any for our 1.8L's :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm looking into it.

I'm pretty sure there's an MSD box that will fit our cars. They just don't have the 1.8 listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts