DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a blitz dtt dc2 and was wondering where to mount the display unit(the dtt dc2 has a seperate smaller display unit)

My friends have told me to put it above the steering column, since it has a boost gauge as well so I can see it while driving....

Anybody have any other ideas?? -- pics if possible :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey man, i cant find the pic....im still lookin, but i mounted the display part right above my sunroof control on the angled part. It fits and looks real good, the install is rather easy (you have to cut and extend the harnest...four wires i think) Its out of site from out side but pretty easy to see for the driver. im gunna look for the pick but good luck! Later, Matt

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply.

The timer should be arriving in the mail tomorow. Yea, If you can find a pic thatd be cool, i'm really curious on how it looks mounted up there. Where did u lead the wire from the main unit to the display??

·
Registered
73 Posts
i did it at the same time as my pillar gauges so the a-pillar was already off. if you just take out as many screws as you can (visors, roof control) the ceiling comes down just enough to snake the wire across. my cut of the harnest was right in the middle of the a-pillar so its easy to get to later. i know i have the picture somewhere dont worry im not giving up. i wouldnt worry to much about using the gauge features of it because its to small to read quickly and ive heard there not the most accurate things in the world. later, matt

:puke: (3rd gear wheel hop)

·
Registered
73 Posts
the link of the pic is gone, just hold it up there to get a feel for what it looks like. i have the lower model with no boost gauge ect. so i never really have to stare at it. your call, it gets alot of attention from passangers up there. i like it, very clean. good luck

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i think it will look really sic up there. but for now I think i am just gonna mount it above my steering column.. I havent bought gauges for my a-pillar yet, so I figure when I do that... I can move the timer up there.

did you feed the wire out of the sunroof??

·
Registered
72 Posts
at first I tried to double-sided tape to stick it on the clear plastic part covering the stock boost gauge (1g) and the oil pressure gauge but the angle it sat at I couldn't read the display. so I put mine above the steering column, It looks great except for the wire hanging out! good luck:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys,

I finally got the tt installed and working....
here a pic... I put it over the steering column...

i have an aftermarket alarm and i still havent gotten the two fully working yet... I've read a bunch of posts that say that I have to switch the alarm's IGN wire over to ACC--I can find the IGN wire coming out of the alarm... but I'm not exactly sure where it goes to.... is it going to the part above the fuse box?? and if so how do i get to there?? take off more panels??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also got a question about the boost gauge on the timer....

First off... when i'm just idling... my boost sits at -0.60 hkPa -- is that right??? and if so would that mean the turbo is spinning backards?

Secondly... what should I set my boost warning at?? my car is stock cept for a k&n air filter...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts