DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already know that I should tap my #1 exhaust runner on my manifold for the EGT between 4" & 8" from the head. What I want to know is where is the manifold runner deep enough to tap the 1/8" hole I need for the VDO EGT probe? Seems like it is pretty long and I don't want it to touch the other side.

Anyone installed one of these yet?

I bought the VDO because all of my other gauges are VDO and I didn't like the looks of the cheesy Autometer clamp style.

·
Registered
662 Posts
By all means SELL THE VDO PROBE. I had one but I scrapped it and bought a TRE probe. I must say the VDO probe is SLOW and the TRE probe is FAST. Best of all, you won't have to weld anything!

Bust as for where to mount it, there's a VFAQ on it here. That is what I went by to install mine. If I remember right, it's about 5" from the head, following the contour of the #1 runner.

·
Registered
37 Posts
khendriksma1 said:
I already know that I should tap my #1 exhaust runner on my manifold for the EGT between 4" & 8" from the head. What I want to know is where is the manifold runner deep enough to tap the 1/8" hole I need for the VDO EGT probe? Seems like it is pretty long and I don't want it to touch the other side.

Anyone installed one of these yet?

I bought the VDO because all of my other gauges are VDO and I didn't like the looks of the cheesy Autometer clamp style.

I just got one. They are pretty long..... So how did you do yours?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts