DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is going to be a very contraversial topic but i hope you guys can help me make a educated choice. I have a 1995 eclipse gs-t and i have notice that the clutch is starting to go, so you know what that means. Performance clutch. But the question is which clutch. I want a good clutch that can handle about 500 whp. I plan on getting an agp l2r in the near future so i need sumtin that can handle this power. I would have just jumped right into act 2600 or sumtin simular but im scared of crank walk. If i remember correctly i have read sum where that the 2600 is more prone to walking then say a clutchmaster. Now lets not turn this into a flame war post but just come on tell me what you think and make a positive contribution for me.

Eric

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
BIG question........ Are you sure your gonna reach your 500 whp goal....... :confused: I dont mean to be an ass, but you do realize this is some work? Are you building a race car?.... a dailey driver, ......what???? If your plans consist of a 500 whp car..... and your sure of this,,,, you should'nt have to ask us what clutch is right. That would be one of your easier decisions. Elaborate on your plans for your vehicle and your sure to get help. :) Give some specific details as to what you will be running and what your goals are.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
harry99GSX said:
BIG question........ Are you sure your gonna reach your 500 whp goal....... :confused: I dont mean to be an ass, but you do realize this is some work? Are you building a race car?.... a dailey driver, ......what???? If your plans consist of a 500 whp car..... and your sure of this,,,, you should'nt have to ask us what clutch is right. That would be one of your easier decisions. Elaborate on your plans for your vehicle and your sure to get help. :) Give some specific details as to what you will be running and what your goals are.
I agree. Also, the stock internals of the 7-bolt engine are not going to be able to support 500HP (so having a clutch able to handle much more HP than the engine is able to produce is quite useless). If you really want to run 500HP, get a 1G 6-bolt engine and build it first (Eagle or Crower rods, forged pistons, ARP studs, ported head, cams, etc.). Then you can run even ACT3200 if you desire. What are your mods so far and what do you plan to do to achieve your 500HP goal?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts