DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if I'm at 4000rpm in 4th gear and someone pulls up beside me and wants to race, I'm doing about 110km/hr I believe....should I just punch it in 4th gear, or should I downshift to 3rd and then punch it? Cause if I downshift, to 3rd it puts me at 5000rpm. Just wondering if I should wind out 4th gear or use 3rd gear 1st to redline...:confused:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd go to 3rd, but I don't know. You have a lot of hp it looks like. Once I had to pass someone. I was doin 40 mph, and down shifted to 2nd. Great power then I had to shift to third when I was redlining bad almost past them, right on their side... sucked. Lost a little control and almost side swiped them...but no harm, learned my lesson, scared the hell out of me...probably tramatized for the rest of my life, owell life goes on.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
i would typically downshift, although honestly i'm not 100 percent sure where 110km/h is. for me anything below 60mph and i downshift seeing as that's where i would upshift out of 2nd typically. it helps the 16g spool a little better (not like there's tons of lag anyways).

oh and i typically use 3rd for passing, i dunno about you guys, but i don't like being in the wrong lane any longer than i have to be. plus hitting 6500 rpm and 19 psi then letting the hks vent right next to the driver always gives my gf something to laugh about when she looks over at the other driver. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts