DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which mod comes first before others on three choices I have:-

a)Aftermarket programmable ECU; or
b)720cc fuel injectors; or
c)Bigger turbo such as 20G and above

I already have fmic,AFC,cams,boost controller,16G,larger ICs and dp, uprated fuel pump and 6AN fuel feedline, 510cc injectors.

Would appreciate everyone's opinion. Let's say cost is not the priority but I can only have one of the above choices.

·
Registered
871 Posts
go for the bigger turbo, you might not be able to run crazy boost with your current injectors. but of the 3 options you gave i think that will give you the most hp.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would say go for the injectors also. THen from there you can support the bigger turbo. As far as ECU there is only one to get. And that is Toddz Modz.

------------------

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd go with the turbo. If you do go with injectors I definetely would not go with something that large. In most cases 550's are enough to support a 20g.

·
Registered
9 Posts
People correct me if I am wrong but here's my 2 cents. If he doesn't have at least an upgraded fuel pump already installed won't he encounter fuel starvation if he goes with the turbo? But, if you get the injectors and don't have the turbo the injectors are useless. If you get an ecu and plan on making future upgrades that makes the ecu obsolete.

------------------
NYCCDSM
97 Black GSX

·
Registered
83 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by turbo_pwr:
If he doesn't have at least an upgraded fuel pump already installed won't he encounter fuel starvation if he goes with the turbo?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He would probably hitting fuel cut already with the 16g and FMIC if he didn;t have an upgraded pump already. But he does so no worry's.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>But, if you get the injectors and don't have the turbo the injectors are useless.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes until he gets the turbo. I would refer to it as Modding your car while planning for the future. Wish I would have done that from the start.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>If you get an ecu and plan on making future upgrades that makes the ecu obsolete.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean a stand-alone? Toddz Modz are plenty good for 95% of the DSMer's out there. Unless you want to run low 10's or 9's on nitrous I wouldn't go stand-alone.

[This message has been edited by ForceFED (edited August 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
921 Posts
A few Q's first

What FMIC? All are not equial =-)

What cam's? This will make or brake a few things as higher RPM's is where the added power is found.

"Larger I/C's" ???? I/Cs as in pipes??

What size Down pipe?? you just said DP..

What upgraded pump?? There are a million to go with and what tank are you using? you have AN-6 lines it has to be a inline not intank.

510 inj??? Never heard of them. Are they just reworked 450's?

What about the rail and FPR?? all that fuel work with no work on the major problems with the system????

this all effects if your ready for a turbo or not. What about a clutch??

1G or 2G????

At the moment your to vauge to recomond anything B/C at the moment it's all missmatched.

------------------
Bill Marino
NYC DSM
[email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill,
Well it is only a question which one comes first from the choices I have. :)

I have a JDM spec Gvr4 motor with Evo3 FMIC, Bosch inline fp(fuel rail is still stock(-8AN?), 2.5" IC pipings, 3"dp, 510cc fuel injectors from Lancer Evo1/2/3, 267/261 regrind cams, 5puck metal clutch disk, 2G MAF, 17C/Big16G turbo c/w 95style manifold, balancer shaft removed, chipped JDM spec ECU(240ps model) and JUN flywheel.

I guess I will go for the stand alone programmable ECU(perhaps a Microtech MTX8 with 3 BAR MAP sensor) which will enable me to better tune(fuel&timing) the engine for more power or maximise the current set-up before any further bolt-on hardware.At least I can get rid off the 2g mAF first which gets me more power and secondly I will be able to vent my bov to atmosphere like a VPC :)

[This message has been edited by wira (edited August 29, 2000).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts