DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Random rant though.... I never understand why people with a "race car" keep them heavy. Take that shit down to class limit or something damn. :dunno::chair:
I think to brag about "street car" smoking a race car. Personally I daily drive mine and now that I am older, I like the feeling of a full interior. Before I had kids and grew up I always had gutted cars though.

·
Registered
701 Posts
The A/T's have been a God send for a lot of guys lately. My car is a dogbox car. The 1st generation of John's dogbox. PPG no longer makes that gear set. So basically I break anything crucial and it's a $6000 paperweight. A lot of guys are going RWD. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to source certain parts and it's only going to get harder if some of these guys don't start producing this stuff on their own equipment.
Ripper XX is correct. The A/T is far more gentle on the drivetrain also. For instance the transfer case tail shafts. In a stick car with any decent power....might last a day or two of racing. Most likely not even an entire day. However in the auto the oe piece lasts much longer and the hold POWER! 1200whp on a fairly stock auto is becoming a more common occurrence. There aren't a ton of them but there are a few.

·
Registered
701 Posts
It's ridiculous but in reality I have about $20,000 in my drivetrain!
-Dogbox
-NEW Tcase
-Everything DSS
-Tilton twin disc carbon/carbon
-Fabrication work

The A/T counterpart would have cost much less to run. Oh well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello , I have a 97 gst spyder, I was wondering if I could put a 95 gsx transmission, in my car? Will it bolt right up or will I need a 97 gsx, to do this, trying to make mine all wheel drive , thanks again

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hello , I have a 97 gst spyder, I was wondering if I could put a 95 gsx transmission, in my car? Will it bolt right up or will I need a 97 gsx, to do this, trying to make mine all wheel drive , thanks again
Oh man, your going to get :tat:

I hope this is spam, otherwise do a search its possible but you will need more than an awd transmission :rolleyes:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I would LOVE a dogbox, I just cant justify the cost... even if it was ONLY $5000
That's not even that much anymore. My clutch goes for about that. Actually the dogbox use to be the single most expensive part on the car. All I can say is, it no longer is. Not by a longshot. I got my dogbox for $6,000. But IMO worth every penny. I'm just not an a/t guy. I might as well just hire someone to drive the car if that's the case. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seems a bit arbitrary to say '7k is too much but 5k is ok'. There is allot of development and research time that went into something like that, and very very little demand for it so if people are pushing the numbers to need a best dog crate beds then they are paying not only for the parts but for the money the companies put into designing it.
In the event that you are in the doghouse, somebody is irritated with you and demonstrates their objection: I'm in the doghouse - I broke Sara's preferred container at the beginning of today. Embarrassing and corrupting.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts