DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made some significant progress on my car. No details just yet, but she should be bitchin'. :D

Anyone still have their shit box and/or log in from time to time?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
This forum died sadly. It was great. The drama, the tech talk, the nudes from Red. Wait what

My 1G has been sitting since 2010...picked up a GVR4 in Oct 2016...slowly building it up because of the kids I've acquired over the years

Since when are you admin? I remember you bring a mod?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm still on here daily in hopes that there might be activity... I'm let down, but it's easy to stay on top of new threads.

Still have my Spyder along with a 95 TSi. I've had one other build thread on a 1ga Laser that actually came full circle from purchase to completion to selling.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Tooners used the be the enemy. Too many idiots but now that site is booming ..I'm on there scoping it out a lot more than here.. there's ads in the classifieds on here from 2016 still....its sad

Also link forums is kinda booming in the past few years.

·
Honorary Moderator
4,838 Posts
Still into 4G63s. Sold my old 1G almost 8 years ago. I have had my VR4 for almost 4 years now. It's mean AF but I break too many things in it. I check in here once awhile. 0 activity. Sad.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I hit this site to see what's new every week or so. Basically not much! :really:

Still driving my '97 Spyder GS-T, though not as much now that I've retired from my job as a medical device engineer with Siemens and we've moved to Burlington, KY (from Newark, DE). The car's running fine since the crankshaft position sensor bit the dust during a 600 mile trip earlier this year. 135K on the odometer, if I remember right.

The car's mostly being used to blast down I-71 at 80+ mph to Louisville and back when I go to visit my mother at the senior living center. It's still my favorite to drive of our three cars (no contest).

Oh, I did get a misfire a month or so back when I floored it to get around some semi's dragging their arses. Scary having the engine stumble with the turbo at full spool. The check engine light came on, but the power recovered when I slowed-down below 80. Checking the OBD code on my ScanGuage II and looking it up via smartphone (nonspecific intermittent misfire), I cleared the code and resumed driving. No problems since, but I don't jump on the throttle quite as heavy anymore. D-oh!

Have started to see some rust peeking thru the top surface of the front shock towers. Will evaluate the condition of the car this spring, it needs a new coat of paint (clearcoat is badly deteriorating), and the tan canvas top needs replacing again (8 years since the last replacement). Like most cars built since the damn government mandated the use of low VOC water-based paints in the early '80's, the original finish hasn't held-up well under the sunlight exposure from being parked outside since I bought it in 2007. And the leather driver's seat is splitting at the seams where my butt rests. Fortunately, I have a spare (powered) seat from a GSX in my garage at our new home that will serve to replace the original.

Oh, and I was surprised when I registered our cars in KY that the '97 Spyder is valued at 70% more than our '00 Toyota Camry LE that had less than 100K in August. 21 years old (built in 12/96) and becoming a collectors' item?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I still drop in from time to time to check out any activity here but its been dead for years. Sadly quite a few dsm or local based forums I used to frequent are dead also. I mostly just stick to Link and Tuners. I still cant get on board with Facebook. A bunch of idiots on there....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Still here. Not like I once was, but I periodically still pop in. Spend more time on the ECMLink forums and DSMTuners.com. I remember this sites glory days, Tooners didn't have shit on it. Slowly most seemed to move on to other platforms though, which makes sense, just sad :(.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts