DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Why did you buy a DSM?

• Go fast for less cash

Votes: 753 31.0%
  • Pick up chicks (2G!)

Votes: 183 7.5%
  • To become a mechanic :rolleyes:

Votes: 222 9.1%
  • AWD + SNOW = :D

Votes: 199 8.2%
  • All of these & more

Votes: 1,001 41.2%
  • No DSM yet :(

Votes: 70 2.9%

• Total voters
421 - 440 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Since i was a kid! The tuner life is all i wanted. I looked for years, for a 2g Eclipse gsx! Did not find that one! But my 1995 talon TSI is everything i could have wanted

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here's why:

1) I believe it to be the best looking car for the money, bar none
2) I enjoy the car's personality so therefore I enjoy doing my own maintenance and repairs
3) Sips fuel when driven reasonably
4) Track history of reliability when properly maintained
5) Fairly cheap replacement and performance parts
6) Small enough to whip through traffic easily and fit in a small garage
7) AWD available
8) Great colt following
9) Lots of trunk space for a 2-door (2g)
10) Fun!

And many, many more reasons!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here's why:

1) I believe it to be the best looking car for the money, bar none
2) I enjoy the car's personality so therefore I enjoy doing my own maintenance and repairs
3) Sips fuel when driven reasonably
4) Track record of reliability when properly maintained
5) Fairly cheap replacement and performance parts
6) Small enough to whip through traffic easily and fit in a small garage
7) AWD available
8) Great colt following
9) Lots of trunk space for a 2-door (2g)
10) Fun!

And many, many more reasons!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My friend at school got a 2007 Eclipse GT as his first car and I fell in love, but then I thought hey I can buy an older eclipse for a good price. So I went and found a convertable eclipse and later found out it was turbo after I bought it lmao and then I grenaded the transmission and the rest is history :rolleyes:

·
Registered
0 Posts
most versatile car out there. I have a 300 fwhp 5 speed boosted spyder. Not the most reliable or cheapest, but best bang for my bucks. 500awhp is a very common story on this platform. Handling is awesome. Looks gorgious usually. Very iconic car and eye catcher. 4x4boosted meth spyder is my goal here, but thats a few years down... The only thing that comes close is a m3 imo. Minus the evo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my first one because my friend had a white 96 auto GST in high school that he let me drive, and then another friend took me for a ride in 1g AWD and it just had me hooked from there. So much so that I am on my 3rd DSM lol.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
So you brought back an old thread to say you have not bought one... ? Why not just answer the question?

lol

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
DANG edit rule! It should have said not NOT answer the question. Nevermind, its all messed up now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So you brought back an old thread to say you have not bought one... ? Why not just answer the question?
:D

"Mitsubishi applied the lessons learned from the Starion’s forced induction setup to later models, such as the Galant VR-4 and Eclipse, which would, in turn, help to shape the driveline of the legendary Lancer Evolution. Though the Starion has been out of production for more than two decades, it still enjoys a loyal following and active support."

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yeah my bad, I did not think that is what was ment by "pre-dsm" .... It was just a goof anyway. Welcome to talk.

421 - 440 of 453 Posts