DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Why did you buy a DSM?

• Go fast for less cash

Votes: 753 31.0%
  • Pick up chicks (2G!)

Votes: 183 7.5%
  • To become a mechanic :rolleyes:

Votes: 222 9.1%
  • AWD + SNOW = :D

Votes: 199 8.2%
  • All of these & more

Votes: 1,001 41.2%
  • No DSM yet :(

Votes: 70 2.9%

• Total voters
441 - 453 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I picked up mine because I love making stupid decisions, had since 16 now 29 yrs old.
13 speeding tickets, the best was 127mph in a 55 zone. Country road on a sat morning.
She is now on her 2nd rebuild which is taking the best of the last 6 years, but its love.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I entered college in 96 when the 2G was still "new" and told myself I was going to buy myself one of them when I graduated. Back then there just wasn't a car that "looked" like that for the money. (Kinda reminds me of today's BRZ). By graduation in 2000 the 3G had come out. I test drove a brand new one of them and thought to myself - holy cow!, what a pile of crap. Thus began my search for a leftover 99 and here I am 16 years later.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
First dsm was free 92 6 bolt awd m/t
Found out how easy they are to work on (Im already a mechanic)
Realized most shit is super cheap (way cheaper them big block fords and LS's)
Second DSM 98 AWD m/t
Liked the look of the 98 way better
not so much for lack of space in drivers seat (can be corrected with smaller wheel and seat) but tolerable.
I love going fast (time and place)
i have 8 months of winter to deal with
Sorry im married lol so n chicks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Nice. Any pics of the cars?

·
Registered
0 Posts
First dsm was free 92 6 bolt awd m/t
Found out how easy they are to work on (Im already a mechanic)
Realized most shit is super cheap (way cheaper them big block fords and LS's)
Second DSM 98 AWD m/t
Liked the look of the 98 way better
not so much for lack of space in drivers seat (can be corrected with smaller wheel and seat) but tolerable.
I love going fast (time and place)
i have 8 months of winter to deal with
Sorry im married lol so n chicks
thumbs up, man. No need to drive Yugos when you got a Ferrari in the garage.

The first reason I wanted one was for it's streamlined look and pop-up headlights. Very cool.:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went from an f-body to DSM because of cost and awd. It's so much cheaper to get a DSM to run 11s than an f-body, mainly because of the glass 10 bolt rear.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have had 4 now, currently own 2 2g dsm, a 98 gsx and a 95 talon tsi awd. bought my first one in high school for a cheap fast car and fell in love with it. cant seem to get away from them, each one has become cleaner and faster than its predecessor.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I bought mine awhile back before I knew anything about cars. Ran across a 91 GSX on craigslist for $600 so I went and bought it before I knew what I was getting into. 7 years later and lots of $ later it is finally road worthy. Worth every minute.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Bought a 2gb gsx from my brother back in the day when it was actually worth something, that one spent alot of time on jacks till the rob bearing spun finally, but on a brighter note I bought my 1ga laser for 500$ with ripped timing belt, fixed it and drove it for nearly 100K miles till oil pump failed, just recently replaced head and cant wait to drive it again, soft spot for the 1g's

441 - 453 of 453 Posts