DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres the deal. I have a 2 g with lots of trimmings. about 4 months ago my car was getting a little to hot( not pegged, but close.) . I fiqured since i put on a intercooler it caused the problem. I live in the high desert and its a 96 with the smaller opening in the bumper. So i replaced the radiator. And it stoped. Then i was going up a mountain pass and bam it went back up. I didnt have the ac on. And it wasnt that hot maybe 108.:D But never had the prob before the intercooler .Oh yeah one time my friend rewired my turbo timer. And it did over heat. But seemed fined and didnt have the ic on yet.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
how big was the intercooler? thay can out off alot of heat and can block off almost all cooler air to the radiator. a huge front mount can definently cause overheating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a greddy small mount.it still blocks all flow. and i upgraded to a fluidyne radiator, which stopped it from getting too hot in around town. it stopped it ....till i went up a mountain pass,. it only wentto the top of the little thermastat in the guage.i floored it to see if it would go down, tring to get more air in there, but it stayed the same. i was doing about 100

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
maybe check the thermostat? when mine was starting to go out, my temp would go way up and then be ok for a while over and over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts