DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so im putting a 16g on my 1992 galant vr4, and just as i go to put it back together to drive it, the intake pipe is way too big for the turbo now! what the hell happened?! the end where the intake pipe hooks to the turbo, it seemed like it grew an inch in diameter or something. if this has happened to you, please help! i dont know where to get another one, and i need to get my car running

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
If you are talking about the stock pipe, there is a spacer that should be inside from the factory. Looks like you don't have that spacer. Look around for it. It should slide right into the compressor housing end of the intake pipe.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
16g-95GSX said:
If you are talking about the stock pipe, there is a spacer that should be inside from the factory. Looks like you don't have that spacer. Look around for it. It should slide right into the compressor housing end of the intake pipe.
Agree...

Keep in mind that it's a black rubber cylinder...

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
check the compressor side of your 14b.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies, i looked for that spacer, and i guess when i took the pipe off it came off and rolled into my driveway. worked like a champ.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts