DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
958 Posts
I am pretty sure you will need the cables from a 90. If I remember correctly, the 91's and up have a different shifter, so the cables are different as well.

Josh

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will any of the 2nd gen cables work? A guy was telling me that the 95+ cable would work. I doubt it but I can't find this part anywhere.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link. Anyone know what model '90 dsms have a shift cable that will work for a '90 gsx? Will any '90 work or just the turbo models?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have a set of 90 shifter cables, you want them? BTW, you can upgrade to the 91-94 shifter and cables. I did it and it works great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd be interested in the cables. I went to the junkyard today and the guy was trying to tell me that depending on what month the car was made, even if it's a '90 the shift cable might be different?? I don't know if he's full of shit or what. Also how do you upgrade the shifter? Do you have to take out the complete shifter + cables or what?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Jarg-Gst said:
I'd be interested in the cables. I went to the junkyard today and the guy was trying to tell me that depending on what month the car was made, even if it's a '90 the shift cable might be different?? I don't know if he's full of shit or what. Also how do you upgrade the shifter? Do you have to take out the complete shifter + cables or what?
He's full of it...
BTW, contact Rodman via PM or e-mail for the shifter cable stuff...;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Blackboost said:

BTW, contact Rodman via PM or e-mail for the shifter cable stuff...;)
Will you allow him to just post the info here on the "upgraded shifter cable" for the 90's???

That way he doesn't have 101 emails???

I am very curious to hear about this as I replaced my cables and shifter all at once with one out of a junk car out of a 90 for my 90... but since I know what I am doing now on that particular job, if the shifting would be better, i.e. shorter throws, then I would rip that out again and put in a 91-94.

Question: The 90 tranny will be able to shift fine with the 91-94 shifter base/cables???

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
turboniam said:

Will you allow him to just post the info here on the "upgraded shifter cable" for the 90's???

That way he doesn't have 101 emails???
I only said that if you were going to buy the shifter cables from Rodman, you should contact him via PM or e-mail. ;)

Remeber that wanted/ for sale (price quotes) aren't allowed on the forums....:D

As for the other info on the shifter/ cables mod...
He (Rodman) can feel free to post it here. That's not a problem with me. On the contrary, it will benefit a lot of guys. Sorry for the confussion guys...

BTW, Rodman you have a PM...:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts