DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a jdm 6bolt engine for my 97 talon tsi 5spd car and im wondering if all the aftermarket parts will fit in it.

·
Elite DSMtalker
334 Posts
If you're on the 1G MAS then I think you'll need a new adaptor for your intake. If I'm still thinking clearly, the 1GMAS is circular and the 2GMAS is more of an oval. You may need some kind of different plate or something. Also if you have an intake pipe from the MAS to the turbo you may need to change it to fit a different turbo housing. Maybe a new Jpipe if you're going from a T25 soft pipe to an older 14B soft pipe to the intercooler. Hmm, thats all i can think of so far. good luck

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Will parts Fit?

Rossy said:

stuff like intake, turbo back, UICP, LICP. Pretty much all bolt ons
Yes they will. Remember that what you're changing is the block, head and intake per se. So the UICP will still bolt to the 2G throttle elbow. The intake will work too since you already have a 2G MAS. The lower ICP might need to be changed if you're going to a 14b, S16g or B16g. If you stick with the T-25 the lower IC pipe that you already have will work. The turbo-back will fit too. Also remember to keep the 2G exhaust manifold and O2 housing.;)

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
yeah i should have put my 2g 02 housing on when i changed mine but alas i did not....are the 2 bolts in the bottom of the o2 housing for the exhaust the same on both 02 husings? i have a 1 piece exhaust and i'm afraid it wont line up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: Will parts Fit?

Blackboost said:

The lower ICP might need to be changed if you're going to a 14b, S16g or B16g. If you stick with the T-25 the lower IC pipe that you already have will work.
Yes the 14b comes with it, so what kind of LICP should i get so that it all fits?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will parts Fit?

Rossy said:

Yes the 14b comes with it, so what kind of LICP should i get so that it all fits?
Try the J-pipe that some vendors sell as part of the installation kit of a 14b of a 2G. They sell it separately too...

K man...
The exhaust will align perfectly with the 2G O2 housing...

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Awesome...thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts