DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I’m going to attempt to explain my situation.

I recently purchased a set of 19x8 wheels from a friend. He had these wheels previously on his IS300. I've included a picture below, the wheels came with his car. The rear wheels are staggered, I believe they are 19x8.5. I test fit the front wheels; didn't run into any issues. The rear wheels didn't fit, it appears I might need spacers.

Front Wheels: 19x8 (225/35/19)
Rear Wheels: 19x8.5 (235/35/19)
Offset: Unknown

Keep in mind I would NEVER try to put staggered wheels on a FWD car. I purchased the wheels before I had the Eclipse, I would like to use them if possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The RS 4 Net Forged Modular.
The RS 4 is a forged wheel that features a Net Forging process. Unlike most wheels on the market, the design of the wheel is obtained through a sequence of forging processes and multiple dies. This process allows us to deliver a very light wheel, fully pocketed in the rear but with a load rating that will include any vehicle in the BMW Group range.

The bowed mesh design anchors the center to 10 equally distant points on the rim register ring, for unbelievable strength and weight savings. The open mesh design also allows us to clear the Racing Dynamics Competition Brake System and delivers maximum cooling of the brake disc.

I have the RS 4 Net Forged Modular
http://65.36.231.74/Localized/NorthAmerica/Series/7/E65/E65_Wheels/RD_Int_E65_Wheels_Body.htm


Please note : That is the cost PER rim, I would really like to keep run these.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,385 Posts
Re: Wil they fit?

19's are also WAY too big for an eclipse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Wil they fit?

The_EE said:
19's are also WAY too big for an eclipse.
I really don't see a need for the comments unless you can help. I'm going to use a two-piece forged wheel if I can. That should be reason enough.

The front wheels look AMAZING on the car. The centers have been powder coated black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Re: Wil they fit?

Umm... EE wasn't trying to be an ass. He's telling you the truth.

The_EE said:
19's are also WAY too big for an eclipse.
+1

Go ahead and put 19"s on a DSM. Ride for two weeks -three tops, then you'll be wishing that you never went above 17". Even 18" really pushes it.

BuiltTalon said:
The rear wheels didn't fit, it appears I might need spacers.
No no no. This right here tells you search for a new set of wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
Why did you buy the rims when you had no car to put them on?
Shouldn't it be buy the car first then buy rims to fit it?
Maybe instead of buying a GST you should have bought a car that would fit the rims.
I agree with Kman. Sell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,094 Posts
If you want to run them, get spacers...:dunno:

Its not the first time i've seen 19's on a dsm.. However I'm not to sure about the 235's but thats because I've never tried squeezing rims on my car..
 

·
Site Administrator
Joined
·
7,762 Posts
Fronts look amazing and rears don't fit. What part of that is confusing? Run 2 and look stupid or sell all 4, or buy 2 fronts to match for the $3000 price they have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
K_Mans_TSI said:
Fronts look amazing and rears don't fit. What part of that is confusing? Run 2 and look stupid or sell all 4, or buy 2 fronts to match for the $3000 price they have.
You do realize you can have the drums removed and cut by a wheel specialist? I purchased the wheels with the intent to sell them. I bought the car a few months later. I see NO problem entertaining the idea.

Please excuse me for trying to salvage a set of wheels with a 6k price tag. WTF am I missing here? This isn't a daily driver. Comfort was thrown out long ago with this Eclipse.

I like the wheels, I like the size. Can it work?

[/url][/IMG]
 

·
Site Administrator
Joined
·
7,762 Posts
So you're going to have them hacked from 8.5 to 8in, what a waste, sell them to some rich guy with is300 for $3000 for all 4 and buy 2 sets of proper fitting wheels of same design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
K_Mans_TSI said:
So you're going to have them hacked from 8.5 to 8in, what a waste, sell them to some rich guy with is300 for $3000 for all 4 and buy 2 sets of proper fitting wheels of same design.
I wouldn't be hacking the wheels, they go to a specialist. This is actually pretty common for a shop to do. Didn't want to go this route.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
BuiltTalon said:
I purchased the wheels with the intent to sell them. I bought the car a few months later..
BuiltTalon said:
Please excuse me for trying to salvage a set of wheels with a 6k price tag.
What I'm having difficulties figuring out is why someone would purchase some wheels with the intent to actually sell them. If anything I've always seen rims depreciate heavily. I know you probably won't tell us what you paid for them since that's your business, but you must have got a hell of a deal on them - I mean a damn near 'steal' deal.

Yeah I'll admit that the two piece black with the lip is nice - even if it's been played like a hooker on a corner, but I'm just thinking 'why?' I really don't even like them on that Lexus, but that's probably because I absolutely hate IS300s, think they're overpriced and overhyped, and the only thing that Beams motor is good for in the IS300 is to swap in an AE86. :tree: But enough of that loveliness :D

In the end though they're your wheels, but I really think you're going to regret trying to put these on your DSM. Quit while you're ahead, get rid of them, pick up a nice set of 17"s, and be happy you have extra cash :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I_Drive_DSM said:
What I'm having difficulties figuring out is why someone would purchase some wheels with the intent to actually sell them. If anything I've always seen rims depreciate heavily. I know you probably won't tell us what you paid for them since that's your business, but you must have got a hell of a deal on them - I mean a damn near 'steal' deal.

Yeah I'll admit that the two piece black with the lip is nice - even if it's been played like a hooker on a corner, but I'm just thinking 'why?' I really don't even like them on that Lexus, but that's probably because I absolutely hate IS300s, think they're overpriced and overhyped, and the only thing that Beams motor is good for in the IS300 is to swap in an AE86. :tree: But enough of that loveliness :D

In the end though they're your wheels, but I really think you're going to regret trying to put these on your DSM. Quit while you're ahead, get rid of them, pick up a nice set of 17"s, and be happy you have extra cash :D
I can't argue your point, I didn't pay much for the wheels. I've been on this board for over 5 years, opinions count. Thanks everyone.

Anyone need a set of wicked 19s?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top